What Did You Buy Today?

I was really lucky to find a Dewalt DW735 thickness planer on Brazil's equivalent of Craigslist. A dude 300km away from my place was selling it as he was moving back to the US. Back on January when I went to Colorado for work I planned on bringing one of these but it seemed that it was going to become a hassle as I was already bringing a Pelican case packed with tools (image below)

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-03 at 18.14.19.jpeg

The DW735 is not sold in Brazil and it's very rare to find one laying around. Good price too. Literally hit the jackpot. Already found a Brazilian company that makes the cutterhead like Shelix does. Tomorrow I'll run some light maintenance on it as there is quite some rust and grime on it.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-03 at 15.38.33.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay... absent minded me... I bought a few of the drawings/plans from Inheritance Machining and well, I bought one twice.

Rather than trying to return it, figured I would give it to someone here that might be interested in making this part.

It is the drawings for the Rotary Chuck Adapter. Design is for a D1-5 camlock mechanism adapter.

First one to send me a message gets it.

I got my new to me Baldor carbide grinder into the shop today. Seller was nice enough to put all new bearings in it. Just spent 200 bucks on wheels and a water cup. Ouch. Could use a paint job though.grinder.jpg

I didn't pay for this, but my neighbor has been bringing me welding projects for months and paid me back with some iron today.

I was returning a pump I borrowed and when we were carrying it back into his barn I asked what he was doing with his small forklift since he has one much larger. He said "oh yeah, I've been trying to figure out what to do with that. It had really low compression and got to where it wouldn't start. I pulled a couple of parts off it for my tractor (same engine) and it's sat since then." I made a joke that I would trade him something for it and his reply was "you can have it, I really need the space...take it today!" so now I have a Hyster YE 40. We pushed it over to my place and parked it outside my barn. I'll need to make room for it inside so I can work on it, but luckily it's pretty small.

It's missing the starter, needs the ignition system overhauled, needs a battery and I'm assuming at the very least a set of rings, bearings and gaskets. It's got really good tires, and I know he was using it off and on for small jobs just a couple of years ago and he swears the hydraulics were strong on it. I'm always moving heavy stuff and a pneumatic tire forklift has been on my "want" list for a while. I have a large skid steer, but it's pretty big for moving most things, plus you can't get out once the load is raised more than a couple of feet. This being the three-wheel setup (actually two paired together in the back) is supposed to be really maneuverable, so that's good. It has a Continental F-162 engine, so I think parts will be readily available.

Like I needed another project....LOL.

IMG_4810.JPGIMG_4809.JPG

Bought 10 7” grinding wheels off eBay for $27.

Wow!

I need some of those.

I have a 7" grinder with no wheels for it. Bought it for grinding some concrete (OK, I have a diamond wheel for it...). But haven't put it to use grinding anything else yet. One of these days I'll remember to look for some!

Back