What Did You Buy Today?

while a good price, hard to believe it's an "A" grade for $122.
Mine is pretty good. I don’t have a repeat-o-meter or a good enough master straightedge to measure mine precisely, but running a surface gauge with a tenth-reading test indicator around saw deviations up to about 0.0001, so I’m assuming Grade B, which is plenty good enough for most of us.

Rick “good use of a c-note for a hobbyist” Denney

Picked up my 6” Channellock Wideazz Metric and SAE Adjustable Wrench I ordered online Black Friday from Ace (the one in the middle):

231130 6” Adj Wrench.jpeg
The new one fits nicely in my collection between the 4” Fujiya and 8” Channellock. The low profile wide opening heads are handy. If you compare the 6” & 8”, you’ll see why they are Metric/SAE (and I bet you all thought that adjustable wrenches were universal). Note that the Fujiya one is Metric only since it is from Japan .

Picked up my 6” Channellock Wideazz Metric and SAE Adjustable Wrench I ordered online Black Friday from Ace (the one in the middle):

View attachment 468929
The new one fits nicely in my collection between the 4” Fujiya and 8” Channellock. The low profile wide opening heads are handy. If you compare the 6” & 8”, you’ll see why they are Metric/SAE (and I bet you all thought that adjustable wrenches were universal). Note that the Fujiya one is Metric only since it is from Japan .
You mean that the scales are different?
I have an old Crapsman that has metric on one side and imperial on the other. I don't use the scale.. so why would it matter.
And yes, I thought they were all universal... damn, I guess I was right.

I have an old Crapsman that has metric on one side and imperial on the other. I don't use the scale.. so why would it matter.
Yes, the Channellock’s have both, like the one from Sears (whatever happened to Robuck?). I guess the scales are useful if you want to set the jaws before use, but I have always just opened them to about right and then closed them once they were on the fastener.

View attachment 468929
I EDC a 6" CodeBlue!

lol Crapsman

Mitutoyo 500-752-20, Coolant Proof Digimatic Caliper, 0-6", IP67, 0005" 0.01mm No SPC https://a.co/d/irSaGTo

The link is to an item on the Mitutoyo Amazon Store. That should be Mit. I've purchaced a few Mit items from their Amazon store, and checked serial number with Mitutoyo. The supplied batteries are in correct packaging, made in japan listing is correct, etc.

Sometimes MSC is cheaper. MSI Viking is a Mit authorized distributor. Completely understand wanting to save a few bucks. I do it myself. Shop around.

The link is to an item on the Mitutoyo Amazon Store. That should be Mit. I've purchaced a few Mit items from their Amazon store, and checked serial number with Mitutoyo. The supplied batteries are in correct packaging, made in japan listing is correct, etc.

Sometimes MSC is cheaper. MSI Viking is a Mit authorized distributor. Completely understand wanting to save a few bucks. I do it myself. Shop around.
I order it from MSI Viking waiting for it to come home now. I was worried about ordering on Amazon so the guys here recommended the MSI Viking and I ordered it from them

I was worried about ordering on Amazon so the guys here recommended the MSI Viking and I ordered it from them

eBay certainly be worried. I'm always torn on Amazon or another vendor, but if the seller is listed at Mutitoyo Amazon store, it's been good. Amazon return policy has been good on other things, so I *think* if you got 'taken' you could return it.

If in doubt, use a distributor... ;)

FYI, I really love Mit measurement tools. I know Starrett is good, but usually too desirable and out of my price range!

Back