What Did You Buy Today?

oh, you can make them for that price. And have enjoy making them too.
If you don't count time, sure probably.

Need to order materials, several saw operations, drilling, tapping, milling, and possibly finish grind on the belt sander. I don't get enough time in the shop to justify making every tool I need.

This morning I went with another member to look at a couple of mills. I went as a second set of eyes. The mills were a bit rough. He passed on them. We asked if he had anything else. He said he had an older Kennedy box. It turns out it is a Gerstner O52 with a bunch of stuff in it. I picked it up. It needs a really good cleaning. Most of the stuff is useless to me. As most boxes the tooling is unique to each machinist. There are a few mics and a gauge or two.
c56e924598f4b7412d2fb6c1c42814ea.jpg

c113a44690131afb117a76bf4d115603.jpg

0735098c8d011f863989a47925c6148c.jpg

cd9276e0880aed1671f2a69bcf19de33.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

That box seems to be in pretty nice shape. Nice score. Mike

It is solid. I will take some before and after pictures. I am hoping the felt is decent in it. Doing yard work now. So I will have to wait before I sort through all of the drawers.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Had to make a run to Home Depot for some emergency washers for friends boiler system, ( which HD didn’t have correct size, so I just got a some 6” sheets of 1/8” rubber, and he made the washers on his home laser cutting/ engraving machine. He’s has a couple lasers at his business. I’m jealous now)

Anyways, I wanted to pick up couple more of the lights I got last week on a markdown cart. I was hoping they were still there.

And I was thinking that if I could talk to a manager and see if he could mark them down any more. I had thought of suggesting if he could go $5ea, (regular price was 19.99, marked down to 14.99) I’d take them all.

Well, I seen 8 left on the cart. They had them marked down to $5.03. I figured that was my sign. My arm were loaded up walking to the register.

Here is a picture of the rubber washer he cut out for me.
8df9e4be7dcc395645deaccf1faf3193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly buy, but feels like I just got a whole lot of good stuff.

IMG_3721.jpeg

This is the stuff I kept from my Michigan shop. Finally unloaded one of the containers we packed and everything made the trip just fine.

John

It is solid. I will take some before and after pictures.
Tom, you have been killing it with the machinist chest finds. Looking forward to those pics.

This site is good at making sure even my lunch money ends up in the toolbox instead. The chatter about the wedge hold downs a couple weeks ago got me thinking I just had to have some. Picked up a pair of Lufkin 1"x6" ones.

s-l1600 (7).jpg

Not exactly buy, but feels like I just got a whole lot of good stuff.

View attachment 473621

This is the stuff I kept from my Michigan shop. Finally unloaded one of the containers we packed and everything made the trip just fine.

John
That looks like a craftsman band saw. I think I have the same one. Might even have the same motor on it!

Back