What Did You Buy Today?

I pick up Knipex whenever I can. Believe it or not, many people don't recognize it as a good brand at flea markets and garage/estate sales!
I have heard very good things about Knipex tools but have never owned one.
I have a pair of Hi-Tech brand snap ring pliers. USA made. Not sure they are still made or maybe made in Saint Elsewhere now.
They are a superb tool and I am lucky to own these.

Attachments

• 310202415044.jpg
    310202415044.jpg
    749.4 KB · Views: 26
I pick up Knipex whenever I can. Believe it or not, many people don't recognize it as a good brand at flea markets and garage/estate sales!
Is it the name do you think? It doesn't sound very traditional like a "Moore and Wright" or "Smart and Brown".

If people don't specifically know they're German, I think some might associate them with Asian manufacture and people often assume that means, at best, just acceptable standards and at worst disposable junk.

I have a pair of Hi-Tech brand snap ring pliers. USA made. Not sure they are still made or maybe made in Saint Elsewhere now.
They are a superb tool and I am lucky to own these.
These look identical to a set of Snap Ons that I have .

It's been a couple of years so don't hold me to it but I do seem to remember that Snap On did buy out this brand.
Flip the switch and it goes from internal to external . I'll bet they did as they are identical . :grin:

Mine always tells me, do you really need that tool. My answer is always, I use every tool I own... to which she replies yea, you do.

With my missus it is a case of "as long as I have food, the bills are paid and I have my treats, buy what you like so long as you use it"

Kinda, sorta, explains why I have so many tools and toys (Classic/vintage bicycles and other such things)...

If we ever move from our 1bed flat, we could easily fill a 2 bed or 3 bed house with everything we have between us. Boggles my mind how much stuff we have fitted into this place. Hell, my bicycle collection alone would fill a single car garage front to rear and that includes a filling shelf all around the walls above the floor standing bikes.

Last edited:
Back