What Did You Buy Today?

In this context, I agree that it is disrespectful. The expression is about whether the ends justify the means, a dilemma first written about by Socrates. So the logic is nuanced and runs deep in the human psyche... Like many things in marriage.
My mind works weirdly in that your response triggered a line by Doc Holiday in Tombstone, "...my hypocrisy knows no bounds," but replace the word hypocrisy with knowledge. I always appreciate your posts.

Sometimes it's better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.
When dealing with wives that pendulum swings both ways, I'd prefer to NOT set a bad precedence that will be difficult to pull back in from the edge. I my house what is good for the goose is good for the gander and I always keep that in mind.
Glad I don’t have to get permission or forgiveness to make hobby purchases. My wife is the best. Of course I do discuss major purchases.
It’s a two-way street. She has hobbies too.
I only disagree with you on one point whose wife is best is a matter of perspective.:grin: I believe your philosophy is sound and it is the way my wife and I operate as well, you are spot on....

A small assortment of 303 stainless... It's been a while since I purchased this 'kit', but it was long overdue. I thought I had a job for iton Tuesday (when I ordered), but I no longer do. Still happy to have it on hand...

Attachments

• 303.jpg
    303.jpg
    991.5 KB · Views: 16
Back