What Did You Buy Today?

Found a 5C collet chuck I’ve been looking for.
This Hardinge design is very well made.
I saw it on Ebay, so I jumped.
I should sell my Jacob’s rubber flex with all the collets but this doesn’t quite replace it.
I stripped it, cleaned, greased and reassemble. It’s like new for reals :)

When I took it apart to clean I noticed the sun and planetary gears were not matched to the dots.
I would imagine this would affect runout.
As it is now, I had a piece of .750" drill rod with a Hardinge 5C collet. I measured .0007" runout.
I'm happy with that. Plus, the taper locks up great. I found a good one.
sweet. been trying to find one of these in 5C/L1 for a couple of weeks.

Don't remember if there is an existing thread like this. Many of you guys like to share your scores so let's try a new ongoing thread...

If your here chances are you love tools & always love to get new ones. This thread is not necessarily for gloating (well maybe) but you can if you want but expect to get a "you suck" compliment!

So what did you buy for the shop today (or recently)? No tool too small or too big, machines, equipment, inexpensive, expensive, good deal or not, whatever. All that matters is if you'd like to share your latest acquisition that put a smile on your face, post 'em up! And you know the drill, we love to see photos!

Don't remember if there is an existing thread like this. Many of you guys like to share your scores so let's try a new ongoing thread...

If your here chances are you love tools & always love to get new ones. This thread is not necessarily for gloating (well maybe) but you can if you want but expect to get a "you suck" compliment!

So what did you buy for the shop today (or recently)? No tool too small or too big, machines, equipment, inexpensive, expensive, good deal or not, whatever. All that matters is if you'd like to share your latest acquisition that put a smile on your face, post 'em up! And you know the drill, we love to see photos!
Vintage Boyeur Schultz surface grinder, A Medina B end surface grinder,A harig 618 surface grinder and a Mitutoyo 40” digital height gage

31.37824 square feet of new found space ! Thanks Jason

My new table moved right in
c65a4bef70ff4b6fdd9b9ef2221b47d9.jpg

Thank you Dave. The shear is more of a blockade still; that part of the shop needs rearrangement.

Glad to hear it Jason . If the shear gets in the way , I now have room ! :grin: Hope you enjoyed the tour ! :encourage:

Back