What Did You Buy Today?

Ordered one of these to get all the dimensions needed to make three more...

View attachment 490826
View attachment 490827
View attachment 490828

These are missing on the 10" Walker-Turner bandsaw... I have to say, photos really do not capture how small these bandsaws are!

I wonder if these are strong enough to be use for cutting metal (with the correct pulley setup to slow them down)...

View attachment 490829

Still going over it to see what else it is missing. I will cut a piece of wood to make the extension. You can see the bracket for it on the table.
You gonna show us the three you made :)

I ordered a SINO KA300 glass scale, 1um resolution and 820mm long. This is for the Z axis on the Takisawa. A few days ago I installed a KA200, the smaller version of SINO glass scales for the X axis, and I'm happy with how that turned out. A bit surprised that it needed a linear calibration to get down to tenths, and we'll see how that holds up. The Ditron D80 calibration has perpexed a few folks, including me, but if you throw away the manual, it goes better and is actually quite simple.

These scales replace magnetic scales that I was overall pretty unhappy with for some documented reasons. I have hopes.

Tools tools and more tools . :eek: My aunt died last month and my neighbor will be renovating the house to sell . I was down today and opened up the two sheds . The one thing I do not need is tools . Being me , they all will follow me home along with 2 pallets of flagstone . Just wht I need , more projects . :rolleyes:

Tools tools and more tools . :eek: My aunt died last month and my neighbor will be renovating the house to sell . I was down today and opened up the two sheds . The one thing I do not need is tools . Being me , they all will follow me home along with 2 pallets of flagstone . Just wht I need , more projects . :rolleyes:
yep, sounds like you .. if it walks tools, talks tools, smells like tools, it must be Dave .. you love more projects, and more tools... don't roll your eyes... it's who you are... ;)..

Tools never go bad when you incarcerate them in a tool box... :laughing:

So much new stuff lately, but this is the one I'm most excited about! I've been bidding on vertical bandsaws for probably a year without any luck, or when they were reasonably priced I wasn't going to be able to make pickup dates, etc. Finally...a 1941 DoAll Metalmaster. It's the same basic configuration as the ML, and I've seen a picture of a DoAll catalog page described as being for MLs, but the picture showed a saw that only said MetalMaster....still trying to figure that out. This has an earlier serial number than all the ML parts manuals I've found, but I'm still looking. I saw it running and it seems to be sound.

The previous owner found some extra blades and reminded me about a couple of key lubrication points then said "man, I've cut a lot of stuff on this saw!" so he was sad to see it go. The shop had closed due to the death of the owner and I was talking to his son who had run the shop for the past five years as his father's health declined. It was sad, but we had a nice chat and I promised it was going to a good home, which it is.

It'll get a cleaning, probably new belts, tidy up some wiring, lube and then move to a different spot in the shop from where it's pictured.

IMG_5982.JPGIMG_5983.JPGIMG_5984.JPG
IMG_5981.JPG
IMG_5986.JPG
IMG_5985.JPG

Back