What Did You Buy Today?

I had to stop acquiring tooling because there has to be a place to pause. Otherwise the relationship I have with my wife may not endure :)
But seriously, I have thought of a dividing head but would I ever have to make a gear? Maybe.
Plenty of things I can make with my 5C spin indexer. I have two actually.
I bought one to try out some simple OD grinding on my surface grinder to reduce a hardened shaft.
I've gotten to the point I can pretty much do what I want and if I dream up a project that requires a new tool, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
Those US General tool boxes are a fair deal, I agree.

I have no trouble finding places for tools and machinery. My wife tells me on a regular basis where I can put them. I'm not sure I quite understand the exact place she's referring to, but apparently it's a dark place where the moon doesn't shine.

'Bout a zillion (well, a couple hundred) small ball bearings. And a package of small screws. For a "gizmo" I have in the back of my mind. I have the plexi sheet, just trying to find the right size angle iron. Spread out on the bench, the bearings look like a zillion. Mostly because they're so small. I stumbled onto a vendor on EBay that was clearing out an open package for $10 per hundred. I only need about 32, so if any are "out of spec" I just toss it and get another.

The bearings are 2mmX5mmX2.5mm. The screws are 2mm dia by 6mm long. I'll post the end result if I ever get around to making it.

I've been in the market for a rotary table. I wanted a 10" model, but when I found this Troyke BH12 for $50, I couldn't say no. It is exceptionally smooth and in very good condition. The retired machinist also offered me a Kurt D60 for $100 and I bought it too. It has a few scars on top of the jaws, but is otherwise in very good condition. It was a good day!

Troyke BH12.jpgKurt D60.jpg

I finally got my hands on a Biax Power Scraper..... Thank You Richard King for teaching me how to run it..... :cool:
It is a very old Blue model..... Comes with one blade, now I need to put a rush on my carbide lapping machine project....

s-l16002.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l16003.jpg

Last edited:
I got this today. Ordered off Amazon $40 for a bolt-on, $70 for a mag base (I got the bolt-on). It claims to be 800 lumens, and that seems reasonable based on the brightness.

IMG_0374[1].JPG

Also got a 5T/10T toe jack yesterday.
Toe Jack.jpg

Back