What Did You Buy Today?

This is a family friendly forum. Tool size comparison should only take place on the "other' forum. :laughing:

I couldn't help myself having some friendly fun at your expense.

I got a couple of laughs out of it.

Done with it now. Will be waiting for my next opportunity to rib someone :grin:

My $50 crazy huge cart purchase is going to yield 50 linear ft of 1” sq tube, 6 ft of 1x2 rectangular tube and 4 high quality casters. Plus some brackets and whatsits. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that from another dress shop? Just wondering :cautious: :)

Where did you find that? I think that would work great as a welding cart with no modification! MIG and plasma cutter on the bottom and TIG on the top so you can fiddle with the controls. Hang accessories on the grids.
R
I got it from Facebook Marketplace. It's ridiculously big for my small shop; 41" long, 27" wide and 70" tall. Has a 750 lb weight capacity.
It's one of these:
https://nationalcart.com/products/rocket-carts/
It has a 2018 mfg date sticker and I expect that it was not an inexpensive unit when new.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwm
Picked up a saw for a decent price since my brother decided my other saw was his. This saw is temporary till I can get a better saw.

143b5bd8f5ac765a25a5149e2881d828.jpg

My lathe arrived today. Even before I unloaded it I noticed a problem. The handle for the main power switch is missing. I checked the pictures the guy sent me when he loaded it, and the handle was missing then. I'm not sure if I can activate it without the handle or not. We are still working on moving it into place. Hopefully in a few hours I'll have in in position and can play with the switch. Also got to come up with some mounting pads. Doesn't have any with it.

20200731_130407.jpg
20200731_072756.jpg
20200731_100220_1596223054417.jpeg
20200731_125826.jpg

We don need no stinkin swishes.......

Switches Dhal... Switches. Not swishes. Well, maybe it is swishes down there... :drink:
But yeah, switches, we don't need no stinking switches...

Back