What Did You Buy Today?

Where to start, I have been comfort buying for a while now. Here are my two favorites so far.

Starrett 4 piece combination square in brand new condition with case $100 on eBay.

Grizzly G1007 with power feed, DRO, and VFD. Plus two vices. $1000

3ca0d35914d9f847eeee868771a21bff.jpg

5bcd0e461c1a4ec61199b29c7e5d8277.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and I bought a box of files from the fellow with the dust collector.
The large ones around the outside are flat/rounds, bunch of rounds, square, triangular and some regular flat ones.
All are Black Diamond brand which was Nicholson in Canada.
bd9f3e88d82585199e0576626d87c71f.jpg

Last edited:
Where to start, I have been comfort buying for a while now. Here are my two favorites so far.

Starrett 4 piece combination square in brand new condition with case $100 on eBay.

Grizzly G1007 with power feed, DRO, and VFD. Plus two vices. $1000

3ca0d35914d9f847eeee868771a21bff.jpg

5bcd0e461c1a4ec61199b29c7e5d8277.jpg

Well done on the mill!

Well done on the mill!

Thanks I’m in the process of cleaning it up it was acquired in a trade of a woodworker general contractor that we work with who i’m friendly with and had been collecting dust in his shop for a while now. I didn’t know he had it and he didn’t know I would buy it but the stars aligned. I had a separate post about this a couple weeks ago and I finally got into the garage shop.

Oh and I bought a box of files from the fellow with the dust collector.
The large ones around the outside are flat/rounds, bunch of rounds, square, triangular and some regular flat ones.
All are Black Diamond brand which was Nicholson in Canada.
bd9f3e88d82585199e0576626d87c71f.jpg

I really like this score!

There’s been a lot of really nice woodworking tools showing up in my area the last few months, and at very tempting prices. I think there’s a couple collectors downsizing so the buying market is good. My collecting days are over but I still couldn’t pass up this #78 from Stanley.

These are a really nice plane for sash work — good weight but still light enough for one handed operation, long enough to peel a good shaving, and two irons for regular or bullnose positioning. This one only has the one iron and cap but that’s ok, I left the complete one for someone who wants the intact collector item. I just want this to use.

C76C8079-73CD-4BFF-931B-FB463655426E.jpeg

Edit: guess I could show the other side too. Comes with depth stop, fence, and nicker.

05FB2680-EBDB-4270-BACD-977AA9BDB721.jpeg

Last edited:
There’s been a lot of really nice woodworking tools showing up in my area the last few months, and at very tempting prices. I think there’s a couple collectors downsizing so the buying market is good. My collecting days are over but I still couldn’t pass up this #78 from Stanley.

These are a really nice plane for sash work — good weight but still light enough for one handed operation, long enough to peel a good shaving, and two irons for regular or bullnose positioning. This one only has the one iron and cap but that’s ok, I left the complete one for someone who wants the intact collector item. I just want this to use.

View attachment 334298

Edit: guess I could show the other side too. Comes with depth stop, fence, and nicker.

View attachment 334300

Very nice find Frank. I love those old Stanley’s.
I have a #45 stashed away somewhere. Intact with most of the original set of cutters.

I really like this score!

Thanks Jeff, I’ve been hoping to find a stash of files and today was my day!
Some need some tlc but the large ones look unused.

I have a #45 stashed away somewhere. Intact with most of the original set of cutters.
Yeah me too — #45, 55, 71, 171, 93, 193, 28, 29, ..... the list goes on. Don’t use them much anymore but still nice to have around just in case. That second #78 is still over there — two irons and caps plus the fence and rods...... ;)

Back