What Did You Buy Today?

That type of work stop looks like a good project. Why does it need to be so large?
Robert

Sometimes it’s make or buy decision time.
This time the buy team won.

Yes this would have been a nice project but time is limited and I do this as a hobby.

Besides, the unfinished projects pile is big enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes it’s make or buy decision time.
This time the buy team won.

Yes this would have been a nice project but time is limited and I do this as a hobby.

Besides, the unfinished projects pile is big enough
Agreed! I've had a radius turner on my "list of good intentions" for years. Would be "one and done" if I found a decent deal on one.

Bruce

The easter bunny visited me (again) this this week. And this time he brought a Haimer 3D Taster (glorified edge finder). With an integrated BT30 tool holder.

And there is still 1 week to easter...

66969f440382086a9315f57109053ebc.jpg

How do you like it? I was looking at one with just the 10mm stud top to hold in my R8 machine. I think it will just fit in a 10mm collet? Pricey but seems better than my current edge finder.

The easter bunny visited me (again) this this week. And this time he brought a Haimer 3D Taster (glorified edge finder). With an integrated BT30 tool holder.

And there is still 1 week to easter...

66969f440382086a9315f57109053ebc.jpg

I thought there was a typo...3D Taster.
I thought....wait a second, I'm a 3D taster :laughing:

I am in the market myself. A few questions, if you don't mind-

What RPM motor?
Two or single stage?
What 'stated' CFM at 100 psi?
How much dough, and what was shipping/delivery like?
Well, Quincy is one of the last fully made in USA compressor brands out there in this size range. This thing just oozes quality. The pump is a 2-stage that provides 17.2 CFM of 175 psi service air at 942 pump RPM (if you want a good high volume1-stage, try Jenny). The motor is a Baldor, of course! I've never seen such a massive compressor head and motor on any other so-called 5hp air compressor. The intercooler and aftercooler are icing on the cake. It'll cost you double what a Chinese import with a defunct, reappropriated American brand name on it will, but that is a distinction that I am willing to pay for. And the 6-year bumper to bumper warranty is nice.

How do you like it? I was looking at one with just the 10mm stud top to hold in my R8 machine. I think it will just fit in a 10mm collet? Pricey but seems better than my current edge finder.

It is a super nice tool. Costs a fortune and is one of those tools that one should buy new, but it works really good and will make set-up much easier.

I took the integrated toolholder version because this is the shortest option and will save a lot of Z travel

It is a super nice tool. Costs a fortune and is one of those tools that one should buy new, but it works really good and will make set-up much easier.

I took the integrated toolholder version because this is the shortest option and will save a lot of Z travel

Sounds like a winner. I will be sure to consider the overall height before ordering. Thank you.

Bud

Back