What Did You Buy Today?

Some Ebay purchases came in.

I bought a Glacern face mill and Ebayed some inserts earlier this month -- but the inserts took a slow boat from Bulgaria. Finally got to put them to the test on some unused 4140 PH last night, and I have to say -- it's way better than trying to remove material with a fly cutter or 50 passes with a 1/2" end mill. PXL_20210325_230033679.jpg
Ordered a height gage earlier this week. I've been using a planer gage with a scribe and gage blocks for a while, and while that's doable....

I held out a bit for one with a dial; I was comfortable with the venier height gage I had a while ago, but I'd rather be faster and comfortable. Saw this little 6" deal with box at a good price and it probably took me less than five minutes to pull the trigger. And it works well!

PXL_20210325_225943822.jpg

It's not a machining-related purchase, but I'm a happy camper. I bought my buddy's '05 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel pickup with 146k miles. It's a work truck, but he's OCD and meticulously maintains everything he owns. My lovely wife said it is my present as today is our 31st wedding anniversary. The truck will tow our travel trailer, etc., so my wife's Suburban can have a rest.
IMG_8186.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new!

After a local newsworthy compressor explosion, I decided to run a bore scope down into my old 1987 ASME tank... and it looked like a lost shipwreck of buckled, deep rust. I guess I should have made an attempt to drain it before putting it into storage last time. Anyway, glad I checked. Now to get this beast in place and see if it keeps up with the demand...

b59841d053824f5a0c6f8054b8bd2534.jpg
3498f9820ffca3471b237249d768d0ba.jpg
What is the model and spec's on that unit?
Been looking at the Quincy's for a few weeks but none of the stores around here have the model I want and they only offer the Vet discount for items they stock in the stores GGGRRRRR!!

What is the model and spec's on that unit?
Been looking at the Quincy's for a few weeks but none of the stores around here have the model I want and they only offer the Vet discount for items they stock in the stores GGGRRRRR!!
It's the QT-5 with the Max package. I think I found the bottom of the internet deciding which compressor to buy, and I think I made a good choice. Check in with me to see how it's holding up in 25 years. I'm thinking it's going to fetch a good price at my estate sale.

Snagged this at a yard sale. I did not check them all yet, but look to be all American made, but various brands, and all 3/4" drive, except for a 1/2 craftsmen T breaker bar. Got this and 2 pump oil cans, for $15. I think they will all clean up nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_2329.jpg
    IMG_2329.jpg
    779.6 KB · Views: 41
View attachment 360510View attachment 360511View attachment 360512View attachment 360513View attachment 360514

I bought me some stuffs for 300$ only thing not happiest about was the chinese 0-1 mic. Was hoping it was a starret but has a broken carbide face. The calipers were chinese as well but they feel pretty solid. I find it hard for dial calipers to not be crappy sometimes. The son bar under the 123 blocks need a little light scrubbing along with the vice. Has some rust spots on them. Home made triangles and squares. Will have to check the squares against something to see if they are... well square. Lol. The telescoping gages look decent shape. Also a home made one in there as well. The B&S indicator looks like maybe miss or have some added parts? The federal indicator needs to be sent out to get cleaned and redone. A little sticky on the last .200 travel. Not sure what it was used for with those tips. It is attaches to an aluminum T base. The other cool find was a square block for a grinder pictured under the v block.
How much was the big toe in the bottom of the pic?

Back