What Did You Buy Today?

We expect your shop to be immaculate in all future pictures....
Robert

Well Robert, If we could change "immaculate" to "less bomb site like" I might be able to live up to yall's expectations. ;) Mike

The problem with it being "Immaculate" is, you forget where you put something and have to tear into everything to find it and it becomes a mess again.
I just live with a kind of "Controlled Chaos" environment, that way I know where all the bits and pieces are. :D

Today i picked up the steel plates i've ordered couple of days ago, up to this point i've managed to get cheaper materials for my projects but this time i sure got overcharged, i paid close to 2$ per KG which is 10x more than i usually pay, but i could not find those dimensions anywhere else. Those in the next weeks will turn in wheel adapters for the little niva.
IMG_20190622_104002.jpg

Today While i had time between my youngest daughters softball games I was fortunate enough to come across a guy selling his Grandpa's Mitutoyo calipers model 505-626 in good working order with normal wear and tear type usage marks evident. Although they didn't come in a case its not something I could really complain about considering I only paid $20 for them for which I Am Completely happy with.20190622_162815.jpg

Today i picked up the steel plates i've ordered couple of days ago, up to this point i've managed to get cheaper materials for my projects but this time i sure got overcharged, i paid close to 2$ per KG which is 10x more than i usually pay, but i could not find those dimensions anywhere else. Those in the next weeks will turn in wheel adapters for the little niva.
View attachment 297009
I know its a "little" nivia, but only three wheels? :dunno:

Seriously, I can't wait to see your plan.

I had been looking for a small tool chest and didn't feel like paying retail $45 to $60. Saw an add on CL that included several tool chests including the size I was considering. Seller wouldn't separate. I had to buy all three. After a little bit of haggling he finally took $60 for all three of his tool chests. Don't know what I will do with the other two. On the way home my mom who turns 101 in August told me that I need to buy more stuff to fill them up.

IMG_3740.JPG

When I got them home I discovered that the seller had left a bunch of misc stuff in the drawers including some sockets and wrenches and a torque wrench. I think that I got my monies worth.

Picked up a rotary phase converter at a nearby auction last week-end. It's just like this one:

It looks almost new. I got it for about half what a new one costs. Not a screaming deal, but not bad.

320 sanding belts into the firepit .

Back