What Did You Buy Today?

I have a cheap set of left hand bits... They have been successful more than not. I think I have had one failure and many more successes.

For me the question is… What else should I buy??

Going to pick up a small lathe today and the seller has this as well. What else should I take with me?

I do not recognize most of the tools on this photo… the magnetic bases, yes, I’ll take those.. but do not know what are the other tools

C9D24635-7316-4442-8568-FC8A50A2FD19.jpeg

Worth getting these?

66C2284F-08EE-467A-9A1F-B6FF4A7D9BF9.jpeg

Zooming on this one I see a few more tools. There is a surface gauge/scribe

81F699F8-0936-4978-AFA2-F2ED0DBA0CBD.jpeg
That Grizzly grinder with the white stones, hummm

A892DFD9-0077-425B-BF7E-F18EB1CC5841.jpeg

Tools for sale - Cape Canaveral - 4.jpeg

And a lot of stock available... I will need to see what I can grab from that pile...

Tools for sale - Cape Canaveral - 5.jpeg

Tools for sale - Cape Canaveral - 6.jpeg

and this is the lathe I bought

3EDA9E79-E457-4833-A830-01CA23D8DD7B.jpeg

Last edited:
For me the question is… What else should I buy??

Going to pick up a small lathe today and the seller has this as well. What else should I take with me?

I do not recognize most of the tools on this photo… the magnetic bases, yes, I’ll take those.. but do not know what are the other tools

View attachment 378339

Worth getting these?

View attachment 378340

Zooming on this one I see a few more tools. There is a surface gauge/scribe

View attachment 378341
That Grizzly grinder with the white stones, hummm

View attachment 378342

and this is the lathe I bought

View attachment 378343
the hss cutters yes.
the bondus t wrenches if you need them... get them for a good price. both for 20 would be max.
if you don't have a grinder, yes
the offset indicator point for inside readings... yes
1631617008073.png
swing lamps... YESSSSS always nice to have more light.

Not bought but GIFTED which is even better!!
Were found in a dumpster!
Kind of rusty to start with but a few days in some oxy-solve and a wire brush and the cleaned up nicely. 11.5" long.
Now I have another winter project, figuring out a way to adapt/hold them for use in my shop press-brake and something to make that I can use them for

Attachments

• DSCN8725.JPG
    DSCN8725.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • DSCN8724.JPG
    DSCN8724.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Worth getting these?
Yes on the HSS tool bits, & the inside diameter attachment (ball ends on a pivot arm,) The Grizzl grinder only if really cheap, the white wheels are probably worth more than the grinder. The stock, if priced right, always worth having on hand. Shipping gets expensive for steel! Trammel points can be really handy. The antique indicator, if the pointer is still there, would be cool to have but not really useful in this age of modern indicators. The dividers if you don't have. Much depends on price and negotiation.

Yes on the HSS tool bits, & the inside diameter attachment (ball ends on a pivot arm,) The Grizzl grinder only if really cheap, the white wheels are probably worth more than the grinder. The stock, if priced right, always worth having on hand. Shipping gets expensive for steel! Trammel points can be really handy. The antique indicator, if the pointer is still there, would be cool to have but not really useful in this age of modern indicators. The dividers if you don't have. Much depends on price and negotiation.
Got a few things. I did grab the dividers, I did not have any of those. I forgot to get the grinder. As you said, the white wheels are worth it... even if I have a grinder already setup with those. I will go back tomorrow or Thursday for it...

The antique indicator? Which one? This one? If so, yeah, got it! It looks soooo cool... could not resist. And it works!

IMG_2223.jpeg
IMG_2244.jpeg

You can see the rest of what I got in this thread:

IMG_2230.jpeg

Back