What Did You Buy Today?

I have had that set or very similar for maybe 10 years. I've fried a few, but more my fault than the end mill. Overall they have been quite good for the small price of admission. Mike
so guys, what are those HF end mills.

so guys, what are those HF end mills.
I got my set, back in 2015, from Amazon...

At the time, it was the least expensive option I could find... but you need to shop around... several places carry it...

74.99 at Harbor Freight....

I have had that set or very similar for maybe 10 years. I've fried a few, but more my fault than the end mill. Overall they have been quite good for the small price of admission. Mike
That's good to know!

Have any advice on how to run these and not burn ‘em up? I got a set myself off ebay

The first set I got were HF, the second was e-bay, if memory serves. Still have most of them, including a few broken, and damaged, that will get reground, or ground into lathe tools. Mike

Feed and speed charts can help. If in doubt, slow things down a bit, cutting oil or a mister make a difference. You will kill a few, but concider it the cost of learning what not to do, and you will get better with time. Mike

Have any advice on how to run these and not burn ‘em up? I got a set myself off ebay

I got my set, back in 2015, from Amazon...

Kind of funny but buying direct from All Industrial instead of through Amazon (also coming from All Industrial) this set is only $74.20 instead of $99. I've noticed the same thing on many of their Ebay listings where buying direct is often a better price. They do free shipping at $75 so just have to add a stick of gum to your order to get the free shipping on these. :)

https://allindustrial.com/all-indus...nd-4-flute-tin-high-speed-steel-end-mill-set/

I've bought from All Industrial several times, and like Little Machine Shop their cheap stuff is still pretty good quality. They do sell higher end stuff as well, so not a seller that only stocks cheap import items. I got a pretty good deal on some Techniks ER32 collets last year when they had a buy 3 get 1 free sale on them.

Kind of funny but buying direct from All Industrial instead of through Amazon (also coming from All Industrial) this set is only $74.20 instead of $99. I've noticed the same thing on many of their Ebay listings where buying direct is often a better price. They do free shipping at $75 so just have to add a stick of gum to your order to get the free shipping on these. :)
That's true even for Shars, you could even get a 6-jaw chuck or a nice toolmaker vise ( my lathe-mill needs something useful and the toolmaker is overkill for it ) for far cheaper than on Shars. I bought some things from there and shipped to Canada, because this is cheaper even with high shipping cost.

Back