What Did You Buy Today?

I picked up this Tapmatic I/2" piece on ebay. Came with out collets. Was wondering if anyone else has the same unit, and if it uses er 20 collets, and which sizes you need for taps? Thanks, Mike

I have a Procunier...that has custom collets and every tap size needs a different collet. However, it's possible to make them without too much trouble, I've posted about that.

I think you will have to start shopping for a collection of Tapmatic collets. But, I m not 100% on that.

But a tapping head like this changed my whole attitude about tapping. :)

I get the "I suck" award today. actually bought it last weekend, picked it up today. 5 franklins. No threading gear, so if anyone could help me there in some way, I'd appreciate it. And yes, the leveling is temporary, lol.
Is this the gear you’re talking about?

I got one from McMaster-Carr and bored it to fit but I’m thinking g of having one 3D printed too.

I bought my lathe for $850 in worse condition so you definitely do suck.

Is this the gear you’re talking about?

I got one from McMaster-Carr and bored it to fit but I’m thinking g of having one 3D printed too.

I bought my lathe for $850 in worse condition so you definitely do suck.
I have some investigating to do, I actually think the guy was mistaken when he told me that I needed the gear, and that was what my post was based on, originally. After fooling with it , I'm not so sure, but its gonna be the weekend before I know, gotta go to georgia and deliver a load tomorrow. Probbly won't get back until thursday evening.

Finally, almost two months after ordering, my Aloris AXA-4D split boring bar holder arrived! It is strangely anti-climactic. Was kept completely in the dark as to when I might get it. Yesterday, got a notification from UPS that it would be delivered today. Today it showed up. You'd think they'd at least put in a card saying, sorry for the wait, but the only thing in the box was the holder.
PXL_20220222_164838094.jpgPXL_20220222_164852101.jpg
Glad that Aloris finally got their production problems under control. Also glad, that I stayed the course. I had ordered from a supplier around Thanksgiving. Cancelled after 30 days, and placed and order with a different supplier on December 24, 2021. Delivered on February 22, 2022. Got to check the dovetails for fit, not expecting a problem, but you know how it is when one looks at things with a machinist's eye. Already spotted a blemish of sorts, but it won't affect function in the slightest.

Wanted a small rotary table for my small mill. Put an offer in on a different one and the seller rejected, right afterwards this one I’d been looking at dropped price so I went for it.

Didn’t want to be disappointed by made in India so I paid a little more but I think it’ll be worth it once I get it cleaned up, lubed and mounted on an angle plate for horizontal operation. Also came with the cutest little vise.

2B31436F-1904-4B7A-B72A-A4F6E01C8723.jpeg
1CDD623A-32A9-40EF-A1D0-9FA54E060E61.jpeg

29F4F23A-C544-4C7B-9F87-0F6BDA9FCF73.jpeg

John

This arrived from a recent E-Bay acquisition, no makers mark on it aside from the chuck but it looks and functions identical to the Royal Accu-Drill, with the spring loaded sensitive feed this will be usable in the mill and the lathe when I need to drill small holes. Have not tried it out yet though....

PXL_20220222_182902332.MP.jpg

Some 'junk' mysteriously appeared in my truck at work this morning...;)

20220223_074237.jpg

A Darex M2...

20220223_075437.jpg

A Darex M5...

20220223_074850.jpg

And a box of accessories...

20220223_080228.jpg

Both grinders run good... everything is very dirty, with some rust... I'll have to spend some time cleaning it all up and see if I can figure out how to use it. I've downloaded the manuals from vintagemachinery already...

-Bear

This arrived from a recent E-Bay acquisition, no makers mark on it aside from the chuck but it looks and functions identical to the Royal Accu-Drill, with the spring loaded sensitive feed this will be usable in the mill and the lathe when I need to drill small holes. Have not tried it out yet though....
Nice chuck , you won't be disappointed with it . :encourage:

Back