What Did You Buy Today?

Then you did the right thing....

Sometimes it's best to let things go, a new jack is cheap compared to the heartache of working for a bad boss. So many companies don't bother to train their people (especially managers). Managing people is a learned skill, and one that comes with a lot of challenges, just because you know how to do something doesn't mean you can supervise others to do the same thing. Amazing how many executives never figured this out.

JOhn

Bought these a few days ago, they arrived today.
The cable set seems nice.. haven't done anything with it.
The brake kit, well, if I were using it for a bike, I probably would buy up.. they don't pack it well, so it's all beat up, and the laser cutting sucks. many of the round holes are not round, and have pieces of SS left in areas where they should not be. Many areas are cut into with the laser.
But for a lathe brake I think it will work.
20220405_130339.jpg20220405_132927.jpg20220405_132935_2.jpg

Bought these a few days ago, they arrived today.
The cable set seems nice.. haven't done anything with it.
The brake kit, well, if I were using it for a bike, I probably would buy up.. they don't pack it well, so it's all beat up, and the laser cutting sucks. many of the round holes are not round, and have pieces of SS left in areas where they should not be. Many areas are cut into with the laser.
But for a lathe brake I think it will work.
View attachment 403133View attachment 403134View attachment 403136
Is that for a lathe brake install?
Edit...yes it is. Had read a slower I would have seen the last line...

I should add I had the 1.5 ton jack Aluminum for many years. Loaned it to my boss, and he did not listen to me. It looks like he didn't chock the wheels, did it in his driveway on a hill and bent the jack like a pretzel. Of course he gave it back like nothing happened... What do you do when it's your boss....
Reminds me of a coworker who borrowed another coworkers chainsaw. The owner said, take my mixed gas so there are no problems.
He says, I have gas, no thanks. Yep,
He brought it back, said thanks. Not a word spoken.
The next time it was used it was seized.

:grin: Not to get off topic here , but I mentioned chainsaw blades awhile back . While pulling the lathe out last week , I found a few , and they are worthy of a pic . ( when I get out there ) :grin: I have some work to do . :) :rolleyes:

Bought the Acute Tool Sharpening System - Full Parts Kit and I needed a some metric tooling to get ready for when it arrives... so bought some inexpensive ones:

Set of metric drill bits... then added a few specific ones that were not included in the kit - 2.8mm, 3.3mm, 5.8mm, 5.9mm
Got a set of metric reamers
Got a set of 2-12mm milling cutters
Got a slot drill end mill in 10mm
Got a set of ER20 metric collects

Also got a set of 1/4"thick x 6" long parallels - I do not want to be moving tooling from one house to the other and back... but I also do not want to buy two of everything... so got this set. It is thicker to the one I have been using for the G0704 milling machine... So at least is a different set of parallels...

Last edited:
Back