What Did You Buy Today?

So I usually just hit reply as often I want people to see what I was replying too, including sometimes snipping out unnecessary wording.

I need to understand why the @ option is easier.
Because when I made the reply, there had been additional replies and the thread had moved on to the next page. It was easier for me to use @, rather than backtrack to Quote a previous reply.

I addressed my reply to @mattthemuppet2 because he was the new owners of the tools and I wanted to call the new information to his attention.
I didn't consider whether or not other readers would be able to connect the dots.

If someone needs to discuss the @ vs Quote issue further with me, 'start a conversation'.

Lets get back to 'What Did You Buy Today'.

So i went to get my mill yesterday, had to drive from East TN to Mount Morris PA.. whereby i met a friend whom picked it up for me and brought it to me there, we transferred the trailer to me and i brought it back from there to the house.. today, I will be trying to get it into the garage.

i believe that i am going to switch out the scales for the DRO from glass to magnetic.
why bother. Use them until .....
Are they in the way?
The glass scales are good quality usually.
The only reason to replace is they :
eat up room​
they are broken​
you can't keep them clean​
save your money and put it to something you need now.
just some advice... not an edict.

why bother. Use them until .....
Are they in the way?
The glass scales are good quality usually.
The only reason to replace is they :
eat up room​
they are broken​
you can't keep them clean​
save your money and put it to something you need now.
just some advice... not an edict.
i have considered it, the leaving it alone. there are some other things i need.. like a DRO on the lathe.
This is the DRO kit that came on with the Mill.. I was considering upgrading the system and then move this one to the lathe with new scales

Back