What Did You Buy Today?

i need to get some pin gauges.
I bought a 3 box set a couple of years ago. They have proved to be more useful than I had expected. When I got them I checked to see how accurate they were. Pretty much dead on. I bought the minus set. .0000 to -.0002" by .001 increments.
011 to .500" means I can measure all those sizes plus up to .999" hole sizes to an accuracy of .001`". Used in a collet chuck to check centering. Used on the mill to position in an existing hole.

I saw her video today and added that kit to the wish list… but before that I was looking at some used Dumont sets…

Would that be a better option???
Well Dumont is a much better brand if i am not mistaken. But in the case of not needing a broach that often myself. The Accusize brand would prob be more then capable. I did find that Accusize has a bigger set as well but was also a lot more money.

I did find that Accusize has a bigger set as well but was also a lot more money.
A few years ago I bought the smaller Accusize set. It's been fine for my occasional use. Only a couple of times I needed a different size. Used the closest size in the broach set and finished it with the hand ground tool on the mill. Before I got the broach set I had done a few on the lathe. Any thing of much size at all seemed like I was putting a lot of wear on the lathe. I've tried filing them, wouldn't want anyone to see the result even though it worked.

Not really a purchase... a sweet Father's Day present :)
6590249d4a4fb514debdceb5d92c344f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

I'm posting this because I think these are the best 'tooth brush' size stainless bristle scratch brushes on the market and the price is right.
I received my order of 20 ea today. That's more than a lifetime supply for me.

The most important feature is that the tufts of bristles are stitched into the handle, with SS wire.
You can see the stitching in the third photo. These bristles are secure.
The handle is laminated wood and it will delaminate if left to soak in the solvent tank. For that application, I just wrap the handle in electrical tape.
Shrink sleeve would be perfect too.

If you buy 20, they're about $3 each including Tax, S&H. I was so pleased to find them at that price, I didn't even use the 'Make an Offer'. Maybe you can get a better price.
I have no relationship with the seller.

Last edited:
Back