What Did You Buy Today?

An ebay find... $10 plus shipping...

View attachment 412093

View attachment 412092

-Bear
I have a similar one!!! Let me take a photo! I have now moved to a soldering station with better/variable temperature control. Seldom reach for that one...

Well... I have partial proof, lol, of course I can't find it now... hahahahahaha

IMG_6520.jpeg

On other news... got a few of these to install on the box of the 24" used caliper I recently got... it was missing both...

Hook latch.jpg

I have a similar one!!! Let me take a photo! I have now moved to a soldering station with better/variable temperature control. Seldom reach for that one...

Well... I have partial proof, lol, of course I can't find it now... hahahahahaha

View attachment 412094

On other news... got a few of these to install on the box of the 24" used caliper I recently got... it was missing both...

View attachment 412095
I still use my weller gun for large soldering tasks. I also use it to weld plastic together. Don't knock them somethings a small soldering iron just can't do. This also can be used for non-electrical work.

When still doing model airplanes back in the day, I would silver solder stainless steel push rods to the clevis's, or screws depending on the need.
you would never silver solder with a soldering iron for electrical, the staybrite solder is highly corrosive.

I still use my weller gun for large soldering tasks. I also use it to weld plastic together. Don't knock them somethings a small soldering iron just can't do. This also can be used for non-electrical work.

When still doing model airplanes back in the day, I would silver solder stainless steel push rods to the clevis's, or screws depending on the need.
you would never silver solder with a soldering iron for electrical, the staybrite solder is highly corrosive.
You just reminded me where it is.... Borrowed by my daughter for making cosplay costumes.... yup, she is using it for soldering plastics... Doubt I will see it again.

Not knocking them... I have that one as well as two of the pencil type. Those are not going anywhere.... well, one is, since it looks like my daughter is going to keep it...

I had to buy a heat gun the other day because I could not find mine... guess where it was!? Yeah, now my daughter has her own heat gun... Funny thing is that she grabbed the new one and gave me back the old one, lol. The things we do for our children...

Last edited:
?? Just click on the first one and it pops to large size, then click on the > arrow to step through all or click on the thumb nails at the bottom of the screen. ???
yeah.. i know.. but it ain't big enough.. i still have to open it in a new page in order to see it well.. you get a option.. to insert full image.. use it

Well..it doesn't seem like much compared to you guys but I was elated.
I paid 20.00 at a yard sale for 6 calipers a Starett dial caliper and a like new Japanese mag base.
It was the Hermaphrodite caliper out of the six that made my little heart go pitter patter.
I dont worry about names engraved on the tools, heck I got MORE than MY monies worth.....THIS TOOL IS EXPERIENCED!
Still in the trade I always wanted but not needed a set of metric dial calipers,
Bingo! Last calibration date on sticker is 2006.
20220630_104032.jpg

A gib

77279C8A-946C-4B78-B9D2-CCB01F4F6C2B.jpeg

Actually I bought the lathe this goes to a while back and it was missing. I bought one from Grizzly that fits but I never scraped it in. This week the guy I bought the lathe from reaches out and says he found it.

Picked it up today and he also gave me this 3 jaw 10” chuck.

328176D9-BA7E-45B3-99B4-B9E4E2B98C8A.jpeg

John

Today i got a nice drill chuck and a close to full set of stub drills from @mattthemuppet2. But due to his careless act, I had to buy a drill index for stub drills because the drill indexs i have are for jobber length. :surrender:momoney Thanks Matt for making me spend more money!:laughing:

Edit: I hope no one takes this post to serious and understands that this post was all in good fun. I will post pictures of the drill index once i get in next week.

I bought a new Israeli made R8 1-1/2” end mill holder.

This seems like a great deal, but 1-1/2” Weldon shank cutters are not so common.

I am planning on putting a 4 to 6 flute center cutting end mill in this, but such an end mill is hard to find. Any suggestions? I could go new, used, import, domestic, HSS, or carbide.

850EB444-AAEE-488B-8B58-503E615729F8.png

Back