What Did You Buy Today?

I don’t know how much use you’ll get out of the hand grinder…..

I would agree. When we were kids my grandfather was a cabinet maker. As kids we loved to crank the hand grinder he had clamped to one of his benches. For some reason it was great entertainment. That all changed when he decided it was time to sharpen a pile of chisels. Since it was nearly impossible to get a good edge cranking with one hand and trying to position the chisel with the other, we got enlisted to power the grinder.

While it probably only took minutes to put a new edge on most of the tools it seemed like hours. Somehow turning the crank trying to hold a constant speed wasn't nearly as much fun as trying to make it go as fast as possible. It didn't take long to get bored with the new task and lose interest in cranking it altogether.

I bought a Taig 2019 CR mini-mill yesterday. I plan to build it out and equip it as a full CNC mill fora customer of mine ( Acorn CNC, 80/20 and Lexan enclosure, etc.) Because I live less than 5 miles from Taig, I decided to go there and pick it up, rather than having it shipped. They saved some packing/shipping costs that way, and gave me a nice discount.

I plan to post again as I make progress on this project.

Matthewmuppet2 sent me an almost full set of good brand drills, fractions, letters and numbers in baggies. So I bought a 115 bit drill index on eBay for $25 shipped. This will give me two full sets of good drills and a drawer full of mystery bits.

Oh, and a few days ago I got a General 825 drill grinding stand, spent a couple hours trying to figure it out, get it mounted at the grinder, practicing, and finally did grind some excellent looking bits. I like it!

Went an a binge today on eBay. I went to bid on the brass hammers, and the ATP 3/4" HSS boring bar set was counting down, and I have the new boring head I got from Dave that uses those. I only had a few minutes to look them up, I hope they're worth 70 bucks.
1659950832176.png
1659950924637.png

Got it in it's final resting place. Thanks to the forklift and a pry bar. You would think after you spend this much money on a press they can include 4 wedge anchor bolts. Nope. Just ordered some. I had a spare foot pedal so I plumbed that in.
press in position..jpg

Last couple of times i've been on aliexpress, i've been looking and buying tire repair tools, with the tire machine i recently bought i want to be able to fix my own tires. And at the rate i've been getting screws in my tires it needs to happen sooner than later. I bought a tire scraper 3,5$, Stitcher for 4$, two rim protectors the orange ones for 2,5$ ad one more pry bar for 3,2$ also about 150 small tire patches, i've ordered the mushroom type from 3 different seller and they all turn out to be a fraud, also is hard to get the bigger patches. 2 orders of those also got cancelled, my thinking is when they see the shipping rate because rubber is heavy they simply cancel the transaction, i have more stuff on order i'm hoping something shows up.
IMG_20220804_180744.jpg

Back