What Did You Buy Today?

This arrived today. I've piled up a lot of bits that need sharpening over the years. Need something more or less foolproof for these tired eyes.
PXL_20220825_205225962.jpg
I bought a spare wheel for it as well. Once I sharpen the first couple, hope it will get easier. Read through the directions and can see how things could be interpreted incorrectly. Have to give it a try in the next couple of days.

Yuck! Looks like cheap Chinese! I'd be talking big discount. That part should have been scrapped rather than sending it out. Where is QC?
Good question. They offered me 20% off my next order, which I wasn't cool with. They shipped out a new one, and I got to send the orginal back on my dime. So it cost me something like $75 to get the post I should have gotten anyway.

So it cost me something like $75 to get the post I should have gotten anyway.
Not what I consider good customer service!
From this I will assume they consider the product to meet their standards. Sloppy manufacturing!

This arrived today. I've piled up a lot of bits that need sharpening over the years. Need something more or less foolproof for these tired eyes.

I bought a spare wheel for it as well. Once I sharpen the first couple, hope it will get easier. Read through the directions and can see how things could be interpreted incorrectly. Have to give it a try in the next couple of days.
I have one of these and really like it for drills #76 - .500. The instructions left me in a bit of a fog, but after sharpening a few it all comes together. I benefit from doing them in batches. I don't seem to be satisfied with just sharpening a single, but if I get in a rhythm they start turning out very serviceable.

This morning I drove over to HGR in Birmingham and spent a couple of hours browsing through their showroom.

I came home with a couple of hardware cabinets...

View attachment 418221

And a 2hp Marathon motor that appears to be new...

View attachment 418222

I plan to use the motor on a Hendey lathe.

While I was there, I found this...

View attachment 418223

No, I didn't buy it... so far, I'm resisting temptation...

-Bear
my understanding that the tubes used in it are getting really hard to find.. i don't know.. i was told that you spend as much as or more just trying to maintain one..

my understanding that the tubes used in it are getting really hard to find.. i don't know.. i was told that you spend as much as or more just trying to maintain one..
The electronics on those Monarchs with the 1950’s/60’s tubes scares the heck out of me.
I bet many owners update with a modern electrical system.
I don’t have the smarts but I know a few that do.

Back