What Did You Buy Today?

Who did you buy the J&S clamps from? Could of used them yesterday and today. Had to shuffle the ordinary hold downs around a lot. The J&S website doesn't seem to offer a way to buy their clamps, save for emailing them.
eBay find…

my understanding that the tubes used in it are getting really hard to find.. i don't know.. i was told that you spend as much as or more just trying to maintain one..

So... what's your point?

Just kidding... I agree, the electricals are a little intimidating... but it's only money, right?

That is for their jointer, at least that is what is on ours, the chute is for the wood chips.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

It may be for a jointer, but it fits the grinder perfectly... there is two holes that line up with the mounting holes in the grinder base when the chute lines up with the grinder discharge. I would guess that it was designed to fit several different machines.

-Bear

I didn’t buy it today but I got the call from HF that it was in. Lots of fun getting it on the ground and into my shop but it’s here.

The Craftsman box is going to work with me.

DC326629-9E29-47D0-917D-9FE2E3175B00.jpeg
2AD061B3-204D-4E29-B012-9FE56048B920.jpeg
F8A36578-0142-4D9C-B960-D44E0F1101FF.jpeg

John

Attachments

• 7AC15A59-D9C9-4FEA-A739-ACF310F52C37.jpeg
    7AC15A59-D9C9-4FEA-A739-ACF310F52C37.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 10
Good question. They offered me 20% off my next order, which I wasn't cool with. They shipped out a new one, and I got to send the orginal back on my dime. So it cost me something like $75 to get the post I should have gotten anyway.
Definitely not cool: if they wanted the original back to figure out what happened they should have covered the return. Maybe contact your credit card company about not receiving what you ordered?

I didn’t buy it today but I got the call from HF that it was in. Lots of fun getting it on the ground and into my shop but it’s here.

The Craftsman box is going to work with me.

View attachment 418265

John
Nice; however, be cautious using straps with binder clamps or plastic hooks for lifting: gravity is different than horizontal forces applied to loads.

yeah.. in a dream i once wanted one.. then someone in reality said.. no son.. leave it alone
Why not? A vfd and ac motor and the ”electronics” are no longer an issue. Somewhere between $500-1000 will fix it right up with quality components and then you have a very capable unit.

There’s even a thread of two on this board where the conversion was done. I think its practicalmachinist that even has a sub-forum on it.

Wear, however, is a different story…parts can get pretty spendy pretty fast.

Nice; however, be cautious using straps with binder clamps or plastic hooks for lifting: gravity is different than horizontal forces applied to loads.
Thank you for your concern. These are 1000lb ratchet straps, only plastic is covering the metal ratcheting mechanism and hooks.

I do have proper lifting slings too but for this application I didn’t have enough clearance for using them.

John

Back