What Did You Buy Today?

Made a trip up to near Austin with the family and dogs to check out some stuff a guy was selling on Craigslist. My friend wanted the steady rest for his new lathe and I wanted the power feed for my mills knee. The power feed, gears/jaws/stuff plus around 25lb of alu were $75 and another 65lb of alu (including two sheets of mic6 plate!) was $100. I'm pretty pleased and my friend was really happy too! Plus we had a delicious burger for lunch :)View attachment 420779View attachment 420780View attachment 420781
How much can you fit in a flat rate box for me? :big grin:

250 lbs . left the garage on Sat ! Made a small amount of room for me me to fill up once again . :)

Got a few things to use at the house in Ocala...

Crescent Nicholson 8" Number 4 File Card - T21455 - trying to keep the files clean... also need to get some old rags with oil to wrap them and avoid them getting rust...

File cleaner.jpg
Scotch-Brite EXL PRO Deburring Wheel - Metal Deburring, Finishing and Polishing Wheel - Unitized - 6" x 1" x 1" - To see if this one has a finer finish than the first one I bought... plus I did not have one here... Also got some reducing bushing adapters to be able to install it in the grinder I have here (1/2" shaft). This will replace the wire wheel on that grinder.

Scotch-Brite EXL.jpg
Nicholson - 40076N Pillar File, Swiss Pattern, Double Cut, Rectangular, #0 Coarseness, 6" Length, Narrow - One of these came with the 9"x20" lathe and I like it a lot... they were out of #2 coarseness so just got one of these for now... These are the ones that are smooth on the sides...

Nicholson file.jpg

Last edited:
Back