What Did You Buy Today?

Heh, I have one of those in my shop that I need to get rid of to clear some space. It does have the original table, and I could use one like yours for my shaper. Wanna trade, cross country?

Table should read stand, dur.

Heh, I have one of those in my shop that I need to get rid of to clear some space. It does have the original table, and I could use one like yours for my shaper. Wanna trade, cross country?

Table should read stand, dur.
Looks like it is missing the stand and belt guard…

A39E270E-2050-4DE1-9897-F23CF4BD0853.jpeg
D3D15A78-6A49-4445-B080-AD3D839C8E7A.jpeg

Got this in on Monday and a couple of things I'm not happy about. First of all the gas line uses what seems to be a propitiatory fitting. I've got two other welders with regulators and I can't use either of them. So had to order another regulator from yeswelder to make sure it actually will work. But this is just a one time irritation. Hopefully this next Tuesday the regulator will be here and I can actually weld with it.

The other thing that ill be an ongoing irritation is where they placed the feed mechanism and how hard i is to get to. (see pics) The case covers half of the feeder. It's extremely difficult to get the wire into the feed hole and it takes two hands to get the knob off the feed roller to change it. I had to use a pair of small needle nose pliers to get the wire in.. You would think they would recognize this is a problem and change it.

20221114_120323.jpg20221114_120505.jpg

Alloy, maybe I dont understand your problem. I don't own a yeswelder, but on my Miller, I run the feed rollers to pull the wire in. Start with about 6" of straight weld wire of the proper dimension of course. Turn the machine on and hit the trigger. I would think it would draw the wire in for you. Am I off base here?

Alloy, maybe I dont understand your problem. I don't own a yeswelder, but on my Miller, I run the feed rollers to pull the wire in. Start with about 6" of straight weld wire of the proper dimension of course. Turn the machine on and hit the trigger. I would think it would draw the wire in for you. Am I off base here?
Issue is how close to the case the assembly is...

In my YesWelder (different model) there is plenty of space for your hands to do this...

YWside.jpeg

Winter's coming and not having a power chute deflector on my JD blower last year:

fr_12.jpg

was a real PITA getting in and out of the cab to adjust it last year. JD offers a "kit" to give it remote control from the cab, but it's a cable and lever arrangement (can also be a PITA). It's also VERY expensive for a cable and a couple brackets. Figured I can do better than that (for less $$$), so:

73024358_3_image.jpg

And, need a little weatherproofing for it:

e.jpg

wefwef.jpg
The rest is just switches and wing to get to this point:

wef.jpg

Last edited:
Back