What Did You Buy Today?

I bought 2 red flat-proof (i.e. solid) bicycle tires along with 2 red rims for an oxyacteylene cart. I will use black spokes & black hubs.

This may well look ugly, but the loud color is to create & maintain an awareness of safety.

Bicycle parts can be very affordable & both of these items were marked down over 50%.

00283BBA-2882-4AD7-81D9-E812A68AAC22.png

5F17F228-63CE-455D-8D79-3663909CFB58.png

The tires were $83.98 delivered for both, & the rims were $83.09 delivered for both. It will take 1-2 hours to build each wheel + install the tire, but after that I will probably never have to mess with the tires & wheels for the rest of my life.

trying to decide on a bandsaw
As @Aaron_W pointed out, your post was vague. I have the HE&M saw and love it. It handles 99+% of my needs. I'd like a floor-standing, metal-cutting bandsaw, but I don't have the room for one, and I can't justify buying one seeing it would get little use. This is the saw I have. I scored it years ago on a Craigslist find.
1668370461482.png

As @Aaron_W pointed out, your post was vague. I have the HE&M saw and love it. It handles 99+% of my needs. I'd like a floor-standing, metal-cutting bandsaw, but I don't have the room for one, and I can't justify buying one seeing it would get little use. This is the saw I have. I scored it years ago on a Craigslist find.
View attachment 426612
That or the one from HF…. And if budget allows… go bigger

I have a Craigs list one just like Gaffer, but branded Baleigh. It has become my go to also. The only downside is I have to add weight to it to get it to cut faster. I just hang a legth of 1/2" chain on the tensioning knob. Makes a world of difference. I have several others including a nice 7x14 Taiwan made horizontal, but it only get used for the big stuff. Just saw an 18" Grob vertical metal cutting band saw on Craigs list. May give the guy a call. Just not sure I really need it.

Back