What Did You Buy Today?

Three fluid ounces of Super-Blue with a landed cost of $14.60. I have never used this before, but I have always wanted to.
Erik, please let us know your technique (cleaning, heating, etc.) and results!
My local Cabella's carries that and I've been considering it. Thanks.
Brian

You really need to get a by 32nds set for ER40s. Collapse range is 1mm and you really don't want to do that to your good collets. 1/16" is 0.0625, which is over 1mm. So a standard by 1/16" set will have holes in it.
So you have the PM ER40 set tru chuck, if this is correct, can you relate as to whether a person can achieve a .120 offset with that chuck?

So you have the PM ER40 set tru chuck, if this is correct, can you relate as to whether a person can achieve a .120 offset with that chuck?
I have the Shars 5" zero set ER40 chuck. Sorry I have no idea about the PM version's offset. Sounds like a lot of adjustment. I machined my own back plate for the chuck. I only needed to barely touch the chuck zero set screws to zero it in. Honestly don't recall what the adjustment range was. If your set up needs 0.120" correction sounds like something is pretty far off.

I have the Shars 5" zero set ER40 chuck. Sorry I have no idea about the PM version's offset. Sounds like a lot of adjustment. I machined my own back plate for the chuck. I only needed to barely touch the chuck zero set screws to zero it in. Honestly don't recall what the adjustment range was. If your set up needs 0.120" correction sounds like something is pretty far off.
no, i need to repeat a drilled hole with a offset with in the .120 range from center

Ok. I will let others answer if they know how to do that with a set true. Seems like a lot of movement for a set true.
A four jaw could obviously do this, but you asked about a set true ER40.
yes, i am aware that a four jaw would do that, but it would really slow me down

Back