What Did You Buy Today?

Here's the letter that came with the handle..
View attachment 430852
I’ve got a similar letter somewhere (including a side-note too IIRC). Really nice guy.

UPDATED: Found his notes to me that were sent with the handles (I guess I need another shutdown so I can organize stuff again!):

Osteg ltrs.jpg

Last edited:
i like the handle.. it is very nice.. and he was so quick too.. i liked that
One of Richard's reasons for making these was that the speed handle they had him make in school was not to his liking, particularly the handle which was skinny & too short:​

Old Handle.jpg
Photo by Richard Getso

The handle on yours looks substantial, and the one on my Mini V2 is a satisfying 15mm Ø x 3" long.

I also like that he included the hex plugs that he makes to verify the programming & fit:

Osteg Plugs.png

Another entry in the "Largest Box/Smallest Contents" contest:

View attachment 430850
Three 1/2" Copper couplings from Home Depot (part of a larger order, but total was under $20 and all shipped for free). Box is 10" x 10" x 5", and there was nothing else inside. Picked up yesterday by FedEx and delivered earlier today. I've got some 1/4" couplings coming via UPS tomorrow, we'll see if they beat out this shipment for the prize.
Was very disappointed today: the 10 x 10 x 5 box with three, 1/4" couplings was delivered by UPS (based on where the box was and that the ring didn't go off the driver just tossed it in the direction of the front door): same box, but the three couplings were in individual bags and most of the boxes was filled with bunched up brown paper. Today's shipment came from around Chicago, the one yesterday was from near Perth Amboy, NJ.

Showed up today.
Was surprised to learn it was shipped from Precision Matthews in Coropolis, PA!
Are they dealers for the Align brand or is it part and parcel of that company?
Going to let Les open it later today when he gets home from this weeks run.
Afterall, he's the one that suggested I get one......over a year ago!!
Film at eleven!
Got it all mounted and it fits like a glove and works like a charm!
Merry Christmas to the Jet!!

Was really impressed with the packaging, great job on that!

Attachments

• DSCN9922.JPG
    DSCN9922.JPG
    507.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN9924.JPG
    DSCN9924.JPG
    426.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN9925.JPG
    DSCN9925.JPG
    488.7 KB · Views: 21
Miller Dual Cylinder cart from Baker’s Gas. $589.53 delivered. This will be used as a cutting torch cart.

I also bought some tip cleaning kits & strikers:

34B68F6C-13CF-43C8-94B9-8981374DAF58.png

FF678325-8167-4EFC-8AB1-17FEC729BC9B.png

Last edited:
Dug this out of another toolbox today, had it for years, anybody have an idea of the vintage?View attachment 431032
I have a couple used at Raymark Friction up to when they shutdown in the late’90’s; a quick way to check in-process materials. Mikes & dial calipers were used to verify finished parts.

Back