What Did You Buy Today?

Not today but it arrived last Monday. sdelivery had posted it for sale. I've wanted such a tool for a while because i just can't hand hold like I used to...Baldors are apparently for folks with way more spendable than me, even used. The knock offs all seem to have multiple adjustments and work to get them dialed in decent and are still several hundred plus shipping tax etc. So I figured if I'm going to have to go thru it anyway why not have a "classic" when done. This process has started.
20230107_154203.jpg Photo as posted for sale.

@jpackard56, what do you got there, buddy? Maybe a '65 Tempest? Hard to tell from this angle...
Hello pontiac428,
Actually that photo was taken by sdelivery for his sale post on the forum. I believe it is his son's and is a 67. More Pontiac fun is mentioned in the original sale posts on this forum for the Excello. Best description of that Pontiac and a couple other Poncho stories can be found there.
Jim

Ha ha, thanks- the bumper looks '67, but without the lights to confirm, all I had was the C-pillar, which was winged in fewer '67 models. Only the LeMans and Tempest had the rear trim. They're so rare to see anymore that I've gotten bad at spotting them.

@sdelivery said he put a 428 in it... that's a rare bird. Really only offered in 68-69, and only in Catalinas and Bonnevilles as an option. The 428 uses its own crank, special 4.125 stroke against the 4" 400 and the 4.25 of the 455. It's rod to stroke ratio is perfect, these can be 6000 rpm motors unlike the much slower turning 455. It's a huge personality change from shifting at 4500 to shifting closer to 6k with these big motors. With good rods being cheap these days, that's a real unicorn. It was the rods that held them back before that aftermarket existed, and no self-respecting Pontiac guy would turn a full 1/4" off their rod journals to fit BBC rods on custom pistons. Instead we paid for shot peening and holy water in hopes of not grenading the motor. Good to see, I hope your son hangs on to it.

I bought these for (1) time management, and (2) journaling shop work:

501C73D2-94E1-47FA-8C58-5648944A6316.png

I bought 5 notebooks for $11.86 delivered.

BTW I really have reached the end of the road here on purchases of non-consumables. I.e., sometimes I browse the internet for equipment & tooling, & all that appeals to me is consumables.

Not long ago I was tapping some 3/4" holes and my made in China tap handle broke, I picked up what was available that day to complete the project. Same crappy thing used it twice and the adjuster is muffed up and the jaw prefers to be cock-eyed. So I went ebay surfing and found the big one in the following image, 100 birthday was a decade back, still works great, really nice knurled handles that feel great, unlike the POS one that feels like your holding a pair of rough files.

I just need to find a nice smaller one now.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    585 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    499.6 KB · Views: 29
Back