What Did You Buy Today?

I have the 303-3300A model and bought it off ebay from Shars (discount_machine) for $73 plus shipping and tax.

I'm not sure what the difference is other than the case and the 303-3349 mentions an aluminum body.

Yes, Ebay 'discount_machine' is the way to go. :encourage:

Does your's not have an aluminum body? This is the kind of thing that drives you nutz with the import stuff :p

they're very good about answering questions though so we could just message them if we were that worried about it. That's one thing I definitely like about Shars/discount_machine (their Ebay name)

On a bit of a portable cassette player collection binge right now. Ran across an off brand player that I actually owed back in the early 80's:

View attachment 442233

View attachment 442236
Nothing special. It's basically a walkman "knock off" sold in Canada by Citizen. A little banged up, but these aren't exactly common. It's a little bit of nostalgia for me to hold on to. Worth the 20 bucks I paid for it, if for nothing else to sit on my shelf and remember the 80's....
I had read one of your other post about a Walkman and sorry but I had to laugh. Acouple weeks prior my 10yr old son resurrected a waterproof Walkman that was at our summer house tucked away in a box in the garage “Doing some cleaning”. One of those garage sale items that never sold. Well he wanted to listen to them and I thought it would be cool to show him what it was like living the eighties.
One problem the only cassettes I had were my parents good old Kenny G, pointer sisters, and some Yanni. I put two double A batteries in and it came to life. Rewound the tape so he could get the whole tape. Surprised the tape didn’t snap when it came to the end. It worked even the radio which was hilarious explaining to my son how you had to dial in your station.
Luckily I had some tapes stashed away from the eighties and nineties so when we got home he could listen to some good stuff. Made me think of the portable CD player what a joke those were skipping along. Good stuff!image.jpg

I’ve been on the lookout for my 1st Walkman for years now. Very little gets thrown away around here so it’s probably hidden somewhere in the attic…. I barely remember what it looks like but I’m pretty sure it was a single digit WM-(x). This WM-8 looks real familiar! Would have been 1985-86? It broke and was replaced… but I don’t remember tossing it.
I hope to find it someday!!! LOL
A2D0E403-3945-4B91-922E-2B76FE640085.jpeg

I’ve been on the lookout for my 1st Walkman for years now. Very little gets thrown away around here so it’s probably hidden somewhere in the attic…. I barely remember what it looks like but I’m pretty sure it was a single digit WM-(x). This WM-8 looks real familiar! Would have been 1985-86? It broke and was replaced… but I don’t remember tossing it.
I hope to find it someday!!! LOL
View attachment 442972
I don’t have a Walkman but I’ve got a clone somewhere: if they think they can get $500 for parts, I wonder what I can get for mine?

I don’t have a Walkman but I’ve got a clone somewhere: if they think they can get $500 for parts, I wonder what I can get for mine?
Seems most walkmans are asking stupid money these days. Its nothing to see a tps-l2 (original blue silver models) go for 200-300 bucks in non functional form and up to 500-1000 for a working one.

:oops:

Probably the “guardians of the galaxy” effect…now where did I put that old “blue swede” tape? Lol!

Last edited:
Picked this up from craigslist. An older HF paint mixer.
I paint enough, usually out of a spray gun, sometimes a rattle can. This can handle both, and I am anxious to use it.
Either I mount it to the concrete wall in the basement , or a board and clamp it to the table. I like the wall option, just gotta find some wall.. man, maybe I am a hoarder of tools, wood, metal, machines... :grin:
00j0j_hhl4kG0b37v_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg00W0W_dpLP42AM4Ea_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg00s0s_hTk7lKEQC5I_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

We mounted ours to some steel plate, something heavy.

It shakes a bunch, ours just sits on the ground and does not move.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Back