What Did You Buy Today?

What's it is an early version of a test indicator. Uses levers instead of gears.
Yes,in the forefront, the what's it is the polished square thing with the indicator inside, have no clue, can't find anything similar.

The what’s it is interesting. Pictures of the other sides? Is there an indicator point sticking out anywhere? Can you read the face better? (Blurry in this picture)

Thermometer maybe? LOL

I bought bolts.
Why bolts?
Because I'm bored and thought I'd work on mu 12x12x12 3D printer build.

I also made a couple parts and figured out how I'd mount the ballscrew for the long axis.

Progress.

Bought a Shars Coaxial Indicator. I tried it last night on a 1-1/4" brass cylinder to bore a centered hole and it was well within 0.0005". Very impressed for the price. I considered a Blake, but after seeing good reviews and MrPete using it, I was sold on the Shars.

IMG_6417.jpg

Good to know you're happy with the Shars!

Interesting. What is the difference between your 303-3300 Shars and the "Premium" 303-3349 unit?
They look physically different, and the $108.99 unit has a wooden case.... but all the specs look the same as do the accessories?

Although... your unit does look like it has the wider housing instead of the hourglass housing shown below... I wonder if this is a case of switching suppliers and lowering costs?

1680183236748.png

I have the 303-3300A model and bought it off ebay from Shars (discount_machine) for $73 plus shipping and tax.

I'm not sure what the difference is other than the case and the 303-3349 mentions an aluminum body.

Back