What Did You Buy Today?

I need to figure out how to store my material efficiently. Right now, it's in 5 gallon buckets and rubbermaid totes sorted by species, takes up way too much horizontal space.

I just pried this out of the postman's fingers. I wish I could have used it last weekend. This guy is in great shape, but the original oil has oxidized to gummy fats that will need cleaning first. Information on these Blakes is all over the web, thank dog I don't have to go crawling on my hands and knees to Long Island Indicator for info.
PXL_20230419_201802804.jpg

I just pried this out of the postman's fingers. I wish I could have used it last weekend.
If your interested, I found points for the Blake on ebay for $20 delivered. They aren't Blake but mine is very well made.

The beast arrived today, 20Hp VFD drive for a 10 Hp Monarch lathe control system. Very hard to find any of these drives on the shelves these days. I have done a few installs with the Yaskawa GA500 VFDs and they have worked very well.
Yaskawa GA500.jpg

SteelDawg (Oakland Steel) offered me a steep discount on some 12L14 I had my eye on, so I took him up on the offer (adding some to the order, of course, also at a good discount):

View attachment 445041
They always do a good job packing shipments, and I'm amazed at what they can get into a flat rate envelope.

Unfortunately, I hadn't planned ahead so I needed to add six tubes (the ones on the right) to my Short Bar Storage:

View attachment 445042
OK, so I only needed to add four tubes, but figured I may as well add a couple of extra for future purchases. The "M" on some of the hex stock means metric. And before you ask, the longer stuff goes here (under the short bar, accessed from the end of the shelving):

View attachment 445043

I'll need to get more tubes the next time I visit my previous employer (plotting paper tubes): sawn in half and glued together with HD hot melt (used four sticks, including some attaching the new tubes to the original seven on the left, as I didn't want them going anywhere).
nice, what size labels are those? They look big? What label maker??

nice, what size labels are those? They look big? What label maker??
Casio EZ-Label Printer (KL-750), 9mm wide tape; I also have a KL-780 that can use up to 18mm wide tape:

9mm Left 18mm Right.jpg
The font sizes are relative to the tape width. I usually set the size manually if I'm printing more than one line as the printer will auto-select some weird size like 2x3 which isn't good.

These printers are no longer made, but aftermarket tape is still widely available and you can get good used printers on eBay (I also found a new KL-780 for $300 on Amazon - I don't remember what I paid for mine (new) years ago, but I'm sure it was well under $100):

KL-780 on Amazon.png

There are a lot of similar, reasonably priced label printers out there, but these have always done a good job for me and the aftermarket labels actually stick better than the original Casio ones did.

Casio EZ-Label Printer (KL-750), 9mm wide tape; I also have a KL-780 that can use up to 18mm wide tape:

View attachment 445133
The font sizes are relative to the tape width. I usually set the size manually if I'm printing more than one line as the printer will auto-select some weird size like 2x3 which isn't good.

These printers are no longer made, but aftermarket tape is still widely available and you can get good used printers on eBay (I also found a new KL-780 for $300 on Amazon - I don't remember what I paid for mine (new) years ago, but I'm sure it was well under $100):

View attachment 445134

There are a lot of similar, reasonably priced label printers out there, but these have always done a good job for me and the aftermarket labels actually stick better than the original Casio ones did.
from the looks of it on the tubes, I thought it was larger than 18mm.. which is about .71". My brother can do .75" so I'll stick with it. I thought it was one of those old printers with the big wheel (not dymo) , they were for offices at the price they were. They could print BIG labels.

from the looks of it on the tubes, I thought it was larger than 18mm.. which is about .71". My brother can do .75" so I'll stick with it. I thought it was one of those old printers with the big wheel (not dymo) , they were for offices at the price they were. They could print BIG labels.
The labels on the tubes are 9mm.

Electronics via estate sale today.

Tektronix equipment, all with the hinged steel binders containing factory manuals.

465B o-scope, has the DVM option, came with good probes in the pouch.

The only downer is one element in one digit of display is out on DVM, easy, just shift the Decimal a spot to see voltage left of Decimal, then shift back.

DM500 6 bay shelf with dual out power supply, dvm, function generator, and frequency counter.

Generator and counter up to 1 Meg.

Counter has one element on one digit out as well.

Came with an empty box in bay 6 full of cables.

Then, a leader LDM-852 Multimeter.

The electronics bench is getting new toys!

All of the above, along with a supply of synthetic atf, air filter oil, gear oil, and other assorted stuff, $100.00

Did not need another scope, but it is better sized than our 2 hp frames.

We need to sell some...
40146e4026e81ffe87ac77092e312de4.jpg
81bb3f10b2d37a9f4379b66090478cdb.jpg
4ca4c8582ee4486359841f4fe307d640.jpg
ba69b7fc6cc81934cc41f706cfd9faf2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Back