What Hand Cleaner?

I was going to mention that a grilled cheese sandwich works great. It never fails that you wash up really, really well and then go to a local diner for lunch. If your sandwich or fries are greasy enough (and it doesn't take much) you always end up leaving black fingerprints all over your coffee cup and the waitress ends up thinking you're a total slob. :blowup:

I keep a spray bottle of 5 0/50 water and Simple Green. Then wipe with a paper towel.
This gets most of it off and then follow up with regular hand soap when I get back into the house.

For cracking skin try some "bag balm" from any feed store.

For hands we use dawn and orange gojo but the brush is key as it actually does the work.

We have a secret when doing nasty tasks like under car work and it does great.

Get some laundry soap as DW usually has something thru do not like but was on sale or Tide.

Mix a strong batch in a bucket and place a rag in it and place that near where dirty work is.

As you get dirty simply graphics rag and scrub off crud and continue working.

It keeps you clean and helps spreading as yiu always need to scratch or get something and dirty hands spread to whatever to touch.

Leaves a soap film that further protects skin from oil soaking.

Rise at sink or have a water only bucket close if needed.

Last work under oily jeep resulted in zero cross - staining and we left the nasty stuff in the "task bucket" and not the sink or any other place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Lava bar and a soft fruit and vegetable brush. Tried everything else, always come back to the lava.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lava soap and a scrub brush, back in the fifties my brother used to get some hand cleaner made out of ammonia, kerosene, and I don't know what else. It got your hands clean and let you know where every cut and scrape was. Kind of harsh but worked well.

Well, I will admit, the best cleaners I have used all are labeled up the nazi wazoo with cancer and this and that and what not. When I was a machinist, I thought acetone was the best hand cleaner ever. But yeah, I fund lava bar and a soft brush is hard to beat, maybe add a few drops of dawn liquid soap to break the oil and grease little easier, but it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back