What job did you do today in your shop?

Nice work fin . Keep the old Cubs running . :encourage:

Started pulling together parts for a post-compressor head air cooler and water separator so I can reduce the amount of water going into my compressor tank.
Derale 16-pass transmission cooler and a bunch of 3/8 compression fittings and copper tube.
98ef280cb847796156f432008cfbb89d.jpg

Had some conversations today . I was informed 2 of my past employers had layoffs this week . Maybe due to the port but not sure . Hope it's not just the signs of the times . :(

Had some conversations today . I was informed 2 of my past employers had layoffs this week . Maybe due to the port but not sure . Hope it's not just the signs of the times . :(
let's hope it's just the port.

I built a jig to cut the intake and exhaust cams for Rudy Kouhopt’s Pioneer engine today. In the past, I’ve just used a 4-jaw to offset the cams on other model engines, so doing it this way on with a rotary table on my mini mill will be a whole new experience!

John W
Camp Verde, AZ

Night before the eclipse I made a solar filter housing for my telescope. It's metal working related, though. I used my super spacer and mill to make evenly spaced holes in the retainer ring. Tonight I tried to remove a bushing out of a big bronze nut that captures the breech pivot pin on a 5"/51 caliber Naval gun. Made lots of pretty chips but the bushing is not turning loose of its home. Guess I'll have to make a new one. Faced off a bandsaw cut slice of the elevation gear out of the same gun for a friend that works on the battleship.

Back