What should I bid on this HLV?

Anyone know what it went for? Last I saw it was $15,750!

Take away 2 zeros, then cut it in half and you are in my budget range so I've only looked out of curiosity.
Let's see, that's $150 to $250 for a tool room lathe?
Aaron, you may need to double your budget to find a clean one that isn't wore out!! :)

Let's see, that's $150 to $250 for a tool room lathe?
Aaron, you may need to double your budget to find a clean one that isn't wore out!! :)

One of us took away too many zeros, could have been me.

Anyone know what it went for? Last I saw it was $15,750!
I was wondering the same thing. Checked in now to see what it went for but they said this in place of the price:
"Auctioneer has chosen not to publish the price of this lot"

Probably because its obscene...
That’s a thought that crossed my mind at first, but looking at all of their other listings they list the same thing.

HGR has a couple in stock, for a reasonable price and probably just as whooped....look elsewhere.
ALSO I avoid all online auctions.
Who are you bidding against? OH they SAID.....sad but that is auction companies.
Oh and the price? It didn't sell the auction company was probably bidding and nobody would out bid them! Watch this machine will end up for sale somewhere else in the country.

The model shop I worked in bought a brand new HLV-H sometime back around 1997-1998 . The cost new was 48 grand with DROs if I remember correctly . I'm sure they are close to or over $60 K these days . If you have to ask , you can't afford it the saying goes . :dollars:

HGR has a couple in stock, for a reasonable price and probably just as whooped....look elsewhere.
ALSO I avoid all online auctions.
Who are you bidding against? OH they SAID.....sad but that is auction companies.
Oh and the price? It didn't sell the auction company was probably bidding and nobody would out bid them! Watch this machine will end up for sale somewhere else in the country.
I do auctions a lot through bidspotter. Unfortunately a lot of businesses are leaving going under around here so it’s fortunate for me lots of auctions. I’ve thought that and told my wife that many times “ I think the house is just upbidding themselves. I haven’t any proof but multiple times I’ve gotten place another Bid one was just placed warning or someone bid on something you know nobody had bid on just by the past bid history. Idk but I do think the auction house upbid s their listing.

Back