What substance is messier and harder to clean up than anti-seize grease

Fully Cured India Ink is the reigning champion. Even on inert metals like gold, it is harder to remove than super glue. Most people who restore antique fountain pens will write off a pen, if some well-meaning person filled a fountain pen with India Ink and clogged the internal mechanism with it. I once bought a pen because it had a rare nib in it worth $200 dollars. It took about 3 hours of work to remove the ink from the nib without scratching up the finish. The nib was about the size of a fingernail. It is bad stuff. If you are in a hurry, you need to bake it on to get the same effect as aged on.

#2 fuel oil "aka" Bunker oil. I used to sample tanks of it at the refinery and when you pulled up the sampler it didn't drip it was like black strings of molasses and in the wind your nomex coveralls would be covered and you had to switch em out or transfer it everywhere. No wonder you have to be 50 miles out to sea to burn it!

Jet A1 fuel. getting some on your clothes will still stink years later.

i forgot to mention MoS4 grease (Molybdenum Disulfide)

Last edited:
To have a little fun at work, we used to put chalk line chalk on the inside front head band of the welders helmets. A little sweat and there was nice blue line on the poor fellows forehead. Of course no one would tell him it was there. Sure created a lot of laughs. It was pretty tough to wash off.

Last edited:
Grease and lube - pfffffft......

Carbon black.

Older printer toner also.

TWO anti-seize grease! @Flyinfool isn't jet fuel kerosene? If I'm wrong, I'd actually feel better about that. Not sure where I heard that but it never settle right with me. Anyway, I've gone a bit over the top with water proof silicone...nightmare to get rid of over zealous use!

Back