What trucking company does PM use?

I'm not sure if Craig's list is as hot as it used to be, might have to try a different media, like "Buy& sell" type stuff.

Aaron if it is delivered like that I will, I just hope Tesla is in charge of the landing:grin: I'm very excited to know it's coming, but have had no interest in the 1228 for sale on Craig's list.

Well I guess not Mike ! If it was 75 degrees everyday where I lived my hobby would be beachbabe watchin ! :cautious: We wouldn't need no stinkin lathe . :big grin:

SAIA shipped mine also, it was a disaster. Hope better for you.

UPS Freight delivered my 1236T a few months ago. Positive: No damage to the crate at all, which was nice. Negatives: They did call a few days before, but they never called to let me know they were coming on the day of delivery. They dropped it off at the end of my driveway without me signing for it or inspecting for damage, or most importantly, giving me a chance to talk them into bringing it closer to the final destination. I walked out to get the mail and there it was...

They dropped it off at the end of my driveway without me signing for it or inspecting for damage, or most importantly, giving me a chance to talk them into bringing it closer to the final destination. I walked out to get the mail and there it was...

Wow, that was a low blow.

I was just curious, they're closed till Monday
If you'll keep us posted on your delivery, I'll be curious about which company delivers your shipment and the condition of the freight. I have a PM-11217VF-LB DRO on back order but don't expect to ship until late January (perhaps even February) and with a SAIA hub fifty miles from here I'm considering picking it up there to reduce the amount of handling.

Will do....Mine is going to a terminal in California, ocean shipment to a forwarder, so I have several handlers in between.

If you'll keep us posted on your delivery, I'll be curious about which company delivers your shipment and the condition of the freight. I have a PM-11217VF-LB DRO on back order but don't expect to ship until late January (perhaps even February) and with a SAIA hub fifty miles from here I'm considering picking it up there to reduce the amount of handling.
See if PM can mark the shipment that you will pick it up at the hub, or contact SAIA as soon as you have the shipment info. Many of their smaller hubs do not have people there all day. When I got my lathe, it showed up a day early, I planned on picking it up at the dock because I thought they would just drop it off at the end of the driveway, but they did take it all the way up to the garage. Even worked out better, because it arrived the same day as a small mill I ordered, and had no idea when it was to arrive. I only paid for the lift gate service on one, and they did not care since they were both delivered on the same day. Before he left, I gave the driver a couple of cold Pepsi's.

Back