What trucking company does PM use?

I’m in CT and my 1236T came a couple weeks ago with ABF. I think everything large I have ordered from any vendor over the years has come from ABF. The process was very smooth, I got a call verifying the day of the delivery and then a call when the driver was within an hour away. He parked at the street, my driveway is about 150ft long and I’m thinking he is going to leave it at the street, but I asked if he was able to back up the driveway, and he thanked me! He said he parks at the street unless the homeowner gives him permission to go on the driveway since someone tried to claim he damaged a retaining wall that he never got near at some point in the past. We wheeled it into the garage and I am in the process of getting it into my basement.

I don’t know if it is ABF policy or not, but every driver has put the crate in my garage without having to ask. Hopefully all my future deliveries come from them.

A lot depends on what trucking companies that do LTL are in the area. Some have arrangements that they will haul stuff across their area, and hand it off the company that is in the next area. So PM may have one company pick it up, who takes it to SAIA's area, who takes it to Pitt Ohio, who delivers it in Pa. A lot of cross docking, but can be cheaper. When you cross to New Jersey and up to New England states, there is less smaller companies, so ABF has a good chunk of the market.

When I have had my machines delivered and the driver helped me out, I have always given the guy $20 to $40 for helping me out. A small price to pay for help getting the machine to the shop.

Will do....Mine is going to a terminal in California, ocean shipment to a forwarder, so I have several handlers in between.
Man you must have the patience of a saint!

It's stressful, my Doall band saw was dropped, and required repairs. I hope all goes well, at least when it arrives it won't be 2020 :)

Mine was delivered via Saia and the Waco terminal does not have a 27ft truck so they couldn't deliver to my house. Luckily I have a friend who is a farmer. I had Saia drop the machines at his house and he delivered them for me.

Mine came Estes. I always do dock pickup. Easier since I have a set of forks for my skidsteer.

Last edited:
Mine was SAIA, it was well boxed, and got here unscathed.

Mine was SAIA, it was well boxed, and got here unscathed.

How anti-climactic I was looking forward to stories of piracy on the high seas or angry volcano gods... :blue:

Really I hope you are enjoying the new machine. :)

It will be awhile, it still needs to set in place, the VFD powered, and the oiler setup. The oiler manifold bar will probably be the first project.

Back