What's your shopping experience with AliExpress?

I'm a little late to the party but I will add my vote of positive experiences with Aliexpress. I have purchased several items including two separate DRO packages. It took a little effort to get the payment method set up on the first transaction but has been very smooth.

As others have said I have intentionally dealt with vendors with a long tenure and good ratings. I have found the communiciations with the sellers generally to good - they have been timely and responsive with any questions. Shipping has ranged from suprisingly quick (under 7 days) to over two weeks.

I can't speak to the FREE SAMPLE issue mentioned above but I will definitely use again as the savings (on selected items) has been significant.

Experience has been positive. Purchased module gear cutters - worked well (see avatar picture). Just rec'd some 16mm hardened ground shafting. Delivery about 3 weeks, not hassles.

After reading this thread I checked out Aliexpress and quickly found some metric compression fittings for my one-shot lube system that I was struggling to find in US suppliers (M10x1 for 4mm and 6mm tubing). The price was good/great and they are on there way to me now.

I guess I might as well add my opinion too. As far as I know, AliExpress is a marketplace where sellers and buyers meet, very similar to eBay, whilst BangGood is a company that purchase products from factories in China and in turn sell them to us. Both sites have their advantages/disadvantages.

AliExpress has a system where the buyer has to confirm that they have received the goods and that said item arrived in advertised condition, and only then is the payment released to the seller. In my experience this works well. I bought a fairly large bearing from them, turned out the seller had put incorrect info in the advertisement and it was not the size I wanted. I filed a dispute and since they don't receive the payment until I'm happy, they were keen to resolve it and gave me half of the cost back. All in all I've probably ordered 20-25 things from AliExpress and, except for the aforementioned, I never had any issues and quality has been good overall. It's pretty much the same as buying from eBay, except for the payment system and, in many cases, it's the same sellers or at least items from the same factories.

I tried the Bang-Good app but fairly quickly uninstalled it since there were lots of annoying quirks to it, and it felt much less honest than AliExpress with lots of clickbait-esque stuff. Shipping costs were also tucked away quite deep in the description and for a Swede like me they are usually quite substantial so not seeing them right away got annoying. I do imagine the customer service of Bang-Good is more consistent tough, since they are one big company, which might be a fairly large advantage if you buy more expensive things like a DRO.

AliExpress has a system where the buyer has to confirm that they have received the goods and that said item arrived in advertised condition, and only then is the payment released to the seller. In my experience this works well.
Great post Ben.
I always judge a company that's in the business of selling goods like tools etc. by how they deal with their customers when there's a problem with the item sold or the transaction, if they genuinely want to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of the consumer, then they'll have me and many others for life.

My 5 cents, I have dealt with Aili EX twice. Recently for a 3 Axis dro. my questions were answered promptly and by a person who actually knew his product. (And English) . Double bonus right there. Easy to deal with folks , Free shipping and reasonable time for shipping/ DSL.

It sound like both Ali express and Banggood are copying the Amazon system of customer service,which really is good news since the Amazon/s CS is top notch in my opinion so anything close to it is quite acceptable.

After reading this thread I checked out Aliexpress and quickly found some metric compression fittings for my one-shot lube system that I was struggling to find in US suppliers (M10x1 for 4mm and 6mm tubing). The price was good/great and they are on there way to me now.

A bit off topic. I found a local supplier in CLT that handles those metric compression fittings for the same reason. One phone call and 1 day later I had them. A bit pricey because I had to buy a minimum order of tubing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit off topic. I found a local supplier in CLT that handles those metric compression fittings for the same reason. One phone call and 1 day later I had them. A bit pricey because I had to buy a minimum order of tubing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you share the supplier name? thx

Back