What's your shopping experience with AliExpress?

I've had surprisingly good experiences with Aliexpress. I ordered a set of carbon fiber mountain bike wheels with the layup done to my spec, the hole pattern drilled to an offset that I specified, and even paint. Those guys sent me photos of my parts being made at the factory (were mine because I also specified the color), and even sent photos of the final inspection. Wow. So I upped the game and spent a grand on a carbon fiber bike frame from a different company, also to my specifications. They were happy to work with me on my customization requests, and they did some graphic design work based on a template I provided. Again, the result was spectacular and the sales support was outstanding.

After that, I decided I would be fine with purchasing machinery direct from China. Only problem is they don't sell old American machines.

Does anyone use BangGood? There is a lot of machining stuff there, other stuff as well, quite inexpensive. Of course price isn't the
only criterion.....

I recently bought a set of ER32 collets (2mm to 20mm), an MT3 ER32 chuck and spanner wrench from BangGood. It took about 4 weeks to receive the parts that were in stock and another 4 weeks for the spanner that was on back order. Everything arrived OK. I made my own 36mm wrench for the chuck from some 3/16 material it had.

The collet chuck had runout of about 0.005. Not too good. I was able to regrind it to about 0.0015 with my toolpost grinder made from a Harbor Freight flexible shaft grinder. Each of the collets needed some tweaking with the grinder. All in all I'm moderately satisfied. Total price: about $80.

Glen

Wow. So I upped the game and spent a grand on a carbon fiber bike frame from a different company, also to my specifications.
If you don't mind me asking what did you end up paying for the frame?

If you don't mind me asking what did you end up paying for the frame?
I would have to dig through my email archive to find the base price, but IIRC the frame ended up being about 700 USD after being extorted by the German customs office.

i bought a 3 axis dro from aliexpress that turned into a nightmare
seller was really stupid in trying to scam me and i managed to salvage some refund from buyer protection there but they said id have to
pay return shipping if i wanted complete refund would have been alot
idiot seller offered evidence that reason they sent longer scale was due to shrinkage among alot of other crazy stuff , dro did not read ref index to reset zero , calc function was intermittent, seller sent message saying needed new motherboard then stopped responding , they had given plenty of evidence for the buyer protection to give me a partial refund
hxx brand dro kit , ebay might cost more but may have better protection ive read stories of people screwed

The DRO vendor Siton is supposed to be good, was that who you had trouble with?
mark

The DRO vendor Siton is supposed to be good, was that who you had trouble with?
mark
shenzhen hxx precision instruments, they have multiple listings that all say company store i dont get it really but i had the misfortune to deal with one of them

i managed to salvage some refund from buyer protection there but they said id have to
pay return shipping if i wanted complete refund would have been alot
That's one more reason I always prefer to pay with paypal if possible.
you could request a refund for shipping the item back,if the order is paid with paypal and the buyer is signed up for free return shipping.
I don't know exactly under what conditions and have not tried it myself but it is worth knowing about this service.
https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/returnshipping/activated
https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/returnshipping/terms-and-conditions

You’ll need to upload a copy of your return shipping receipt that clearly shows:
1. The amount you paid for shipping.
2. The date you shipped the item.
If your receipt does not show the address you returned the item to, take a picture of the package clearly displaying the address, before you return it.

Last edited:
That's one more reason I always prefer to pay with paypal if possible.
you could request a refund for shipping the item back,if the order is paid with paypal and the buyer is signed up for free return shipping.
I don't know exactly under what conditions and have not tried it myself but it is worth knowing about this service.
https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/returnshipping/activated
https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/returnshipping/terms-and-conditions

You’ll need to upload a copy of your return shipping receipt that clearly shows:
1. The amount you paid for shipping.
2. The date you shipped the item.
If your receipt does not show the address you returned the item to, take a picture of the package clearly displaying the address, before you return it.

pay pal wanted 8 bucks fee i took a chance on the ali express buyer protection , still waiting for my refund amount but they have a partial refund as option that i have chose, hope they make good on it

Back