Where white man went wrong

While we're on the subject of being PC, I thought you might enjoy this.1464763_628560987190144_1071819691_n.jpg Even though it is true nowadays.

1464763_628560987190144_1071819691_n.jpg

Here, it stands for Polite Conversation. And yes, we enforce it. This may be humorous to some, and I recognize that it's practically impossible to think about how what you are about to say your entire audience. But I honestly believe that part of the issue lies with the overly sensitive to some degree in some cases. I will make no judgement here, but let's limit how far the implied insults go, in either direction. And if you are offended by this thread and its progression, I apologize for that, and suggest that you avoid this thread. It may be better to delete it, but I want to make the Forum position clear. Call it what you want, but we WILL be friendly, all around.

Nicely written Tony. I'm not offended in any way by the post. It was posted as a joke as I take it. All good in my books.

:shush: We don't want peta to get involved.:shush:
***********Just Sayihg*************Gator************:bash:

The initials P-E-T-A stand for "People Eating Tasty Animals." Really it does, I saw it on a Bumper Sticker with a registered trade mark. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

:))A friend sent me this newspaper clipping jpg.

After reading this thread and all the replies the one thing that struck me is that white males are the only group left that can be made fun of. I do hope that does not change. Humor is helpful!

I agree, funny as hell. Probably some truth to it, too!

PC??? PC is for sissies. Oh, never mind - I shouldn't get myself started on that subject!!

Ok, dammit, I stopped myself from ranting about it, and that's as PC as I get. :nono:

You did good! Stopping is sometimes hard for me!!

It is not exactly PC, but funny as Hell
Thanks for sharing

Randy

OK... since it is the holidays... I am gonna tread close to the 'no politics' rule:

PC... IMO (my opinion)... may well be one of those things that sounds and maybe feels good...
Yet when practiced is not so good... and maybe even destructive (self destructive also?).

IMO we might want to think out these things carefully... do some research: History seems to teach bountiful lessons about what works and what does not (over the longer term), and think VERY carefully before we elect someone with lots of 'great' and 'new' and 'change' ideas...
IMO all those things have been tried in the past... and history is full of the (not so good) results. Might be wise to consider what others have learned... than to blindly try something... just because it feels hip to try it.

OK, will stop there before I start a discussion we are not supposed to have.

MODS: If this post is in-appropriate, please feel free to remove it.
GA

Here, it stands for Polite Conversation. And yes, we enforce it. This may be humorous to some, and I recognize that it's practically impossible to think about how what you are about to say your entire audience. But I honestly believe that part of the issue lies with the overly sensitive to some degree in some cases. I will make no judgement here, but let's limit how far the implied insults go, in either direction. And if you are offended by this thread and its progression, I apologize for that, and suggest that you avoid this thread. It may be better to delete it, but I want to make the Forum position clear. Call it what you want, but we WILL be friendly, all around.

Good post!

I am a member of other forums (not machinist)... where political discussions are allowed.

While they are fun at times... one has to have a thick skin to handle it... and toes do get trampled on... actually feet get smashed.
It changes the demeanor and tone of the entire forum... even if the politics are kept in one section... and that is strictly enforced. IMO this forum is a better place without the demeanor and tone which seems to come from political discussions.

I like the definition of PC above 'Polite Conversation'!
IMO each of us can choose to behave in a more professional way... which seems to make the whole forum a better place. At another forum (heating and AC) I used to be a MOD, in the political section. I can say it was like babysitting a bunch of bullies in grade school... and after a year, I resigned.

I am glad we do not have politics at this forum, the feel of this forum is better for it IMO.

THX for keeping the line drawn.

One more... just for fun:

In the gyro-copter community... there are a small handful of forums.

One of them is VERY high-brow, with a definite aire of snobbery (and of course very PC)...
The other is one of those 'good-ol-boy' places where as long as the internet police do not shut it down... anything goes... it is named after a rather raucous animal that is a good hunter. (Being vague on purpose).

Anyhow... at the very PC forum... someone said the other forum should be banned from the internet...
Someone from the other forum responded on the PC forum... 'Tried that, PETA refused to allow it'...

<grin>

I think this thread has gone off topic. Granted, the PC thing was a good thing to bring up because it is related the original post and people's perception of its meaning. However, we need to keep this thread on it's original topic so that we don't wander off into 'The Forbidden Zone'.

Back