Where white man went wrong

Maybe we could turn this to a positive. How about we start a Friendly machinist good humor thread ?

No PC stuff, just fun innocent jokes. maybe just about shop work or us old guys losing our memory ?

Just a thought..

Humor is welcome throughout the forum, as I think we have all seen. If you have something to post that is humorous without poking ill mannered fun at someone, by all means, put a post in the Member's Hangout. Might be a good idea to start the subject line with 'Cute joke' or 'Good humor' or similar so that everyone knows that it is posted as humor.

Oh, and what is this 'memory' thing that you speak of?? I don't recall ever hearing such a term before.... :roflmao:

Perhaps we might want to change the title of the article to:

Where men went wrong???

Take the potential for a racial interpretation out of it... and it is just fun.

keep this post the way that it is now
one unfamous indian make a true comment
"we give the white man 2 inches of land and they took 2 thousand miles in boot

I humblely sumbit my Christmas wish; and that is the return of spelling it out instead of the new wave of abbreviations. Its not hard. Why I still dont know why (this) is plastered all over, even on TV & what in hell is an app or swambo. I forget to write me a note to google it.. I recently found out a "RT" means rotary table. Only three words to type is that asking too much. I'm not ranting but there are old timers here and still working. Absoulutly not a pointing a fingers, but sometimes I got no clue when one abbreviates on an interesting
topic. And not only here its on all sites.. back to this post. I thought everybody was talking about a personal computer ? Don't mind me I'm a just settlin all that turkey and
yes 2 plates of the stuff...Then back running the excavator till dark, today another 500 feet water service to the big barn..This weeks total (for the ole GK) 1/4 mile 6 foot deep.
Good thing-the line goes right by the machine shop so now I got internet & water service and finally 3phase power. Tomorrow install four hydrants, then the pad for a 45 foot
wind mill (new) still on pallets, a Baker Heller Aller 8 foot wheel that equals 200 galons water an hour. Supsose to be a machinist now a farm boy, no I'm a helpin the kid.
So I'm a just winding down just thought i'd ramble a little.

samuel

"a little Jack goes a looong way"

Yeah...

I have not figured out the SWAMBO either...

Figures...

I do not have one of those around my home currently....

Not sure if that is good or bad...

Just me and endless projects.

Whats "for the ole GK" in post #35 mean? Just say'n. We all use abbreviations that we know. I wish in the beginning of a post people would put..for example, I was working on my rotary table (R.T.)......then from their we would all know what they were talking about.

Back