Which Drills to buy

one thing to consider is a drill cabinet (huot is one brand). much more convenient and practical that the "stands" and you can stock up on sizes you use most

Check eBay the brand is drill hog. There made in America great prices and they are lifetime warranty no matter what. I have them and no complaints.
View attachment 312822

not made in America. Message the seller and see what response you get. I bet you will get none.

If you want quality drills, buy Norseman. Buy them once and forget about it.

I guess I'm the only one that replaces one dull drill bit with a another full set . :grin:
not made in America. Message the seller and see what response you get. I bet you will get none.

I believe you are correct. I looked at them a few months ago. While the company selling them is out of Montana there is no information available as to where they're manufactured. I spent a couple hours researching manufacturing locations, and couldn't find anything.

Another possibility is that they are made as a private label brand by a company that makes more well known brands. The company I worked for made private brands for quite a number of products. They also made different grades of products sold under different name brands. This could be true of the Drill Hog brand. Usually the manufacturers won't disclose the brands they make other than their own.

I don't know where Drill Hog are made. I will say that mine work well and have held up well other than a couple I broke using a hand drill. I think I got off angle. They replaced them promptly. The bits I have are Cobalt, and work great in the lathe and mill.

I might have tried the HF cobalt set, but was still irritated at the lesser set I have from them with a few pre-bent bits and a few that dulled quickly. They were bought before I did much metal work. They do work alright in wood.. :)

Honestly idk 100%. But when they come in a huot index box with made in the USA stamped on it. A sticker on the inside that is the American flag and says made in America. Then the listing clearly says made in the USA and their out of Montana and have lifetime warranty or full refunds if you don’t like their product. That to me is a great American company so I’m gonna beleive it.
3671D691-79EC-4C6E-A13C-F34D1CB10610.png

I'm inclined to believe there's a bit of advertising "slight of hand" going on with the Drill Hog brand. Only 3 of their many sets of drills are themselves actually advertised as "Made in the USA". 2 others say "drill index Made in America". Many others have the Made in USA label on the Huot box, but don't actually say the drills are made in the USA. Others just tout the company's name is Drill Hog USA.

I believe if all the drills themselves were made in the USA ALL the advertisings would say so. It's kind of like the Apple phones, computers, watches, etc. that all proudly say "Designed and Engineered in the USA". In much smaller letters somewhere on the packaging it actually states "manufactured in China".

Here are a couple excerpts from an article about the Drill Hog company:

"Drill Hog is a brand name of “Canary Island Corporation”, incorporated in Nevada, registered in California and operating in California."

"The business is a “manufacturers representative”, which means that Mr. Russell probably purchases these drills from the actual manufacturer for resale. There is some left-over web presence of what appear to be two previous businesses of Mr. Russell: Something called “tarpsdirect”, and toolprice.com which sold Harbor Freight style merchandise. "

Here's a link to the article:

Honestly idk 100%. But when they come in a huot index box with made in the USA stamped on it. A sticker on the inside that is the American flag and says made in America. Then the listing clearly says made in the USA and their out of Montana and have lifetime warranty or full refunds if you don’t like their product. That to me is a great American company so I’m gonna beleive it.
View attachment 313007

you have fallen for the scam. Yes Huot indexes are made in the USA. Anyone can keep posting made in the USA. Are the drills labeled USA.

This ebay seller keeps scamming people. I guess it’s buyer beware. There is no manufacturer called drill hog. This has been posted numerous times on this and other sites. If you are happy with the product , then great. But you should know what you are buying.

Message the seller and ask where the drills that you bought are made. You likely will not get a reply.

you have fallen for the scam. Yes Huot indexes are made in the USA. Anyone can keep posting made in the USA. Are the drills labeled USA.

This ebay seller keeps scamming people. I guess it’s buyer beware. There is no manufacturer called drill hog. This has been posted numerous times on this and other sites. If you are happy with the product , then great. But you should know what you are buying.

Message the seller and ask where the drills that you bought are made. You likely will not get a reply.

Wouldn’t be surprised to hear that hf drills were being put into Huot drill indexes and now the eBay auction is 0lastered with USA.

I can’t count how many drill sets I’ve bought in the 25yrs doing so but I can tell you that these fifty dollar drill bits through drill hog are the best dollar for dollar set Ive ever bought. I’ve bought sets through Lawson tools, ,McMaster, snap on, craftsman, of comparable size and quality and paid three times the price and they won’t warranty them but theyll sell you another.
Price out a set of comparable size and quality and report back on your price. Their are many manufacturers out there that have their line and customers line running side by side which 3of the 4 I listed above do so. I don’t care if drill hog is making the bits I do care that they have a great product and honor their warranty without a hiccup. Show me someone that can compare???

Back