Which FB Groups Would You Consider for Machinists?

IamNotImportant

Registered
Registered
Just as the title says, just wondering what groups you think would be the best to join on FB?

Thanks

Just as the title says, just wondering what groups you think would be the best to join on FB?

Thanks

I used to be on facebook because a former employer required it, the same for LinkedIn, I tried joining a few groups especially sous vide and charcuterie making but found groups generally a waste of time, with low quality content, and some downright deadly. I have found that most independent machinist's forums are far superior if you want to improve your skills and knowledge.

Fakebook sucks. But I am obligated to be on it so I can keep in touch with F&F.
Well, I guess I should quantify my response a little more.

I DO have a facebook account, but its all fake. Everything. Even the email it goes to is a “burner” account. I will occasionally search the “marketplace” in my local area for stuff, but thats about it. Thats the only reason I have it.

If people around here didn’t mainly sell stuff on “marketplace”, I wouldn’t have any facebook “footprint” at all.

As far as “groups” go, whenever I’ve looked its just a bunch of ….ummm, “uneducated”….people b!tching and whining about simple things my dog could do or random, unresolved questions.

I still think its a hot mess. We’d all be better off if it (and twitter and ”insert whatever SocMed name here”) would just crumple and implode and take zuckerberg/musk/whoever’s money down the drain with it.

Nothing social about social media. Its one of the greatest evils ever unleashed on the human race IMHO….

Fakebook sucks. But I am obligated to be on it so I can keep in touch with F&F.
HA! I blocked most of my US based relatives before deleting my account entirely back in 2019.

There's this thing called a telephone that I hear works pretty well most of the time. Just kidding... my wife has facebook just for friends and family,

Back