Which FB Groups Would You Consider for Machinists?

Another thing I don’t like about facebook is they track you and datamine you.

Believe it or not, they not only track you online, they have “agreements” with brick and mortar stores that they use to direct marketing towards you.

For example: i can buy something at canadian tire or walmart, come home and log on to facebook and I’ll get ads that I never used to get targeted at the product I just bought at a brick and mortar store.

It happens so often the wife and I started to suspect the microphone was listening to our conversations.

Add to that they sell any iota of information about you they can glean from your browsing habits and I just get really po’d about the whole thing.

Nope. Facebook is evil. For cripes sake just look at the owner. Zuckerberg looks like some kind of hydrid of a human and an alien from Omicron Persiey 8!

Evil evil evil!
You have won the internet today!

Here ya go:

I have detested FB since day 1.
In my not so humble opinion its the biggest load of garbage in the internet.
in fact all the so called social media sites I've seen are also undiluted crap.
Maybe I'm just a grumpy old bastard but you wont find me on any of them.
End of rant.

Well, I guess I should quantify my response a little more.

I DO have a facebook account, but its all fake. Everything. Even the email it goes to is a “burner” account. I will occasionally search the “marketplace” in my local area for stuff, but thats about it. Thats the only reason I have it.

If people around here didn’t mainly sell stuff on “marketplace”, I wouldn’t have any facebook “footprint” at all.

As far as “groups” go, whenever I’ve looked its just a bunch of ….ummm, “uneducated”….people b!tching and whining about simple things my dog could do or random, unresolved questions.

I still think its a hot mess. We’d all be better off if it (and twitter and ”insert whatever SocMed name here”) would just crumple and implode and take zuckerberg/musk/whoever’s money down the drain with it.

Nothing social about social media. Its one of the greatest evils ever unleashed on the human race IMHO….
I figure if you only post on facebook marketplace whatever you have to sell is crap anyway

Back