Which Voron?

I'm sorry. Tongue in cheek did not come through in my post.
The MG131, according to my Google-Fu, is 46" long with a barrel length of 22". With those numbers, it should be about 11.5" long with a barrel length of 5.5" or so. Hope that helps.

That's exactly correct. It's 11.5" long x 5.5" wide, 5.5" barrel length.

Printed with a .4mm nozzle, that came 20 in a package for 9$ on Amazon.

That's exactly correct. It's 11.5" long x 5.5" wide, 5.5" barrel length.

Printed with a .4mm nozzle, that came 20 in a package for 9$ on Amazon.
Well I will say it again, just positively astoundingly good detail. Well done.

Well I will say it again, just positively astoundingly good detail. Well done.

Thank you. I'm very happy with the Voron.

I'm also pretty sure that I'm not using PrusaSlicer to it's potential yet. I'm still learning it's capabilities. The supports painter thing is awesome.

If Gene decides to build a Voron, I've no doubt he will love it.

Of course, that part comes after getting some Grecian formula and on blood pressure meds. Because the Linux stuff and klipper configs could be it's own college degree program. That stuff was pretty hard. For me anyway.

It felt like I was trying to learn Klingon for a Trekkie convention.

I'm also pretty sure that I'm not using PrusaSlicer to it's potential yet. I'm still learning it's capabilities. The supports painter thing is awesome.

Of course, that part comes after getting some Grecian formula and on blood pressure meds. Because the Linux stuff and klipper configs could be it's own college degree program. That stuff was pretty hard. For me anyway.

It felt like I was trying to learn Klingon for a Trekkie convention.
One of these days, I will make something like this. Might take me a couple of years just to figure out the printer jargon. The Linux stuff I already know (some), been using it for over 20 years.

More seriously, I have to come up with a bulletproof filtration setup. Seems I am quite sensitive to whatever is released in the air due to printing, I can't smell it, but it sure does give me bad headaches. Doesn't matter if PLA or PETG. I'd do a lot more printing, if I had a better answer to this problem. Probably have to wait until the spring or summer to print up the pieces for the enclosure, that way I could open up the windows or do it outside.

Linux has been my primary OS for years. I don't consider myself a Linux guru, but I've been mistaken for one... Are the challenges mostly software / firmware? (Sent from my Linux laptop.)

GsT

Linux has been my primary OS for years. I don't consider myself a Linux guru, but I've been mistaken for one... Are the challenges mostly software / firmware? (Sent from my Linux laptop.)

GsT

Mostly just a lack of familiarity. Pretty much every single thing i try to do requires a google search for the correct command. Like, right now i'm playing around with a BTT cb1 plugged into a Pi4B adapter board. I bought it as a learning tool, and backup in case my Orange Pi ever dies.

Something as simple as running the KIAUH program, I run a couple dozen google searches for the command line on starting the program, bet every single search result is instructions on how to install it.

:tranquility:Its installed already. I just wanna run the program. Like you would do int windows by just double clicking the icon.

Im trying to install the gnome desktop thing on it right now, because the linux command line is about to drive me mad!

Mostly just a lack of familiarity. Pretty much every single thing i try to do requires a google search for the correct command. Like, right now i'm playing around with a BTT cb1 plugged into a Pi4B adapter board. I bought it as a learning tool, and backup in case my Orange Pi ever dies.

Something as simple as running the KIAUH program, I run a couple dozen google searches for the command line on starting the program, bet every single search result is instructions on how to install it.

:tranquility:Its installed already. I just wanna run the program. Like you would do int windows by just double clicking the icon.

Im trying to install the gnome desktop thing on it right now, because the linux command line is about to drive me mad!
sudo chmod +x <filename>

If you make a casual study of it, you'll find that the linux command line is much more powerful than the various GUI interfaces (and much faster, particularly on computers with limited resources - e.g. RPi).

GsT

sudo chmod +x <filename>

If you make a casual study of it, you'll find that the linux command line is much more powerful than the various GUI interfaces (and much faster, particularly on computers with limited resources - e.g. RPi).

GsT
The command above makes <filename> executable.

I missed the discussion here, sorry. Between the Voron 2.4 and the Trident there is a lot of identical hardware and software. It boils down to whether you want to move the gantry up and down with belts, or move the bed up and down on leadscrews. Either works, though these beds are thick and fairly heavy at the larger sizes, and they change in weight as the print is added, so moving it vs fixing it at the bottom is a difference. The gantry weight is constant. Another difference is the gantry is supported by 4 belts so is overconstrained and is slightly flexible while the bed is stiff and supported by 3 leadscrews. The 2.4 has a lower center of gravity. As size increases the 2.4 design has benefits over the Trident. But CoreXY itself has issues that grow with increasing size as the belts get quite long. I've chosen Trident but the 2.4 is very popular. For a first printer build the Trident is generally recommended as it is a simpler project. The integrated leadscrews do limit the Z height of the Trident as well, though LDO has made some longer ones for taller Tridents.

Back