Which Voron?

Things go considerably easier if you use a Real Raspberry Pi. The prebuilt and available recipes are generally on the mark. That doesn't solve the learning curve for Klipper however. :)

Klipper isn't so hard anymore. I still don't understand the more complex macros, but i know where to look to find examples I can copy and how to get them working. I got my nozzle scrubber macro, filament runout sensor macro, the park/pause for filament changes, M600 macro for mid print filament color changes, and a bunch for the LED effects macros all working.

Using the CB1 as a desktop computer, for learning linux was a challenge. But only because I suck with Linux. That's what ive been doing for the last week, ish.

Setting up the CB1 to run my Voron was super easy. I'm sure that a big part of its ease is the fact that I know know what needs installed and where/how to do it. The pre made OS images that BTT provides for the CB1 really helps.

The OrangePi has alot more CPU power, memory and an internal EMMC for the OS, so im using it as a desktop computer now. The CB1 was a little to laggy running the Gnome desktop. The OrangePi runs it's desktop environment as snappy as my newer windows 11 computers.

I didn't use a Manta board with the CB1, there just wouldn't be enough USB ports on that setup for my webcam and additional stuff. I used it with the Pi4B adapter, connected via USB to my Octopus v1.1 board.

Last edited:
Back