Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

I do not have charge accounts to be run up, and yeah, you are wasting your time.

L
James Bond villain cats?
Well certain things are obvious. Not sure why it has to be adversarial. I assume you guessed it is cat related, and though that's correct, you're guessing could have gotten you into trouble LOL. Skogkatt is a Norwegian word that translates into "forest cat".

So you got your toe dipped in a vast ocean. I will assist no further.

Gentle to humans. Not other cats necessarily. My guy chases every stray off the block.

Honestly I have no way of knowing what his lineage is. He looks like a skogkatt, acts lile 1. And he has to go to the vet. His full winter coat hasn't grown in.

Norwegian Forest Cats are adorable, gentle giants. I wish I had one.
They are awesome cats, "most of the time".
They can tend to get a little messy in their hind area and need intervention.
They can also be angry and attempt suicide. Let me explain.
I had a female NFC. I had just split from the wife and took 2 cats with me. A torbie (Who I had sworn a good life to) and the NFC.
About a week or so of moving into my new place the NFC took a dump on my bed. I was NOT happy. But I took pity on her and just scolded her and changed my bed. Took the sheets and put them in the washer. Went up and made the bed again.
A half hour later I smelled cat crap so I thought maybe she had crapped somewhere else also. NO. She had crapped on my freshly changed bed.
I was sooooo mad. I scolded her and chased her out of my room and she was left hiding behind the couch downstairs.
I changed my bed again and took the freshly crapped on sheets and figured I just wash the first set a second time.
By the time I was done loading the washer, she had crapped on my sheets AGAIN. 3 sets of sheets in an hour. She must have been holding it for the entire week I was there (She hadn't. I saw her use the box).

Let me just say... She's dead now.

Before anyone gets upset, I was dating a woman who worked for an animal hospital. She had a connection to a no-kill, high adoption, shelter and we took the cat there. She was adopted within a few hours.
I say she's dead now because that was 20 years ago. (The Torbie I had at the same time passed away 6 years ago)

They are awesome cats, "most of the time".
They can tend to get a little messy in their hind area and need intervention.
They can also be angry and attempt suicide. Let me explain.
I had a female NFC. I had just split from the wife and took 2 cats with me. A torbie (Who I had sworn a good life to) and the NFC.
About a week or so of moving into my new place the NFC took a dump on my bed. I was NOT happy. But I took pity on her and just scolded her and changed my bed. Took the sheets and put them in the washer. Went up and made the bed again.
A half hour later I smelled cat crap so I thought maybe she had crapped somewhere else also. NO. She had crapped on my freshly changed bed.
I was sooooo mad. I scolded her and chased her out of my room and she was left hiding behind the couch downstairs.
I changed my bed again and took the freshly crapped on sheets and figured I just wash the first set a second time.
By the time I was done loading the washer, she had crapped on my sheets AGAIN. 3 sets of sheets in an hour. She must have been holding it for the entire week I was there (She hadn't. I saw her use the box).

Let me just say... She's dead now.

Before anyone gets upset, I was dating a woman who worked for an animal hospital. She had a connection to a no-kill, high adoption, shelter and we took the cat there. She was adopted within a few hours.
I say she's dead now because that was 20 years ago. (The Torbie I had at the same time passed away 6 years ago)

And had you been in your bed, she would have given you a hot Carl and said, "This is what I think of your care!"

Troy the skogkatt is the biggest cat I've ever owned. But he's losing a biit of weight and is not particularly fluffy this year. He's acting quite normal. Had to shout at him when he started after Kromarty. Still going to get him checked out. I want to say he's 14 lbs. He used to be a lb. or 2 heavier. He's 9 1/2.

Now Kweeg, 3 1/2, also very furrry, but probably a dlh, is about 20 lb. Just not quite as long as Troy. He had poopped and peed on my bed half a dozen times, been maybe 2 years. I no longer have any concern about that. But his sister Zoe pinched a loaf a few months ago. Don't know where that came from. She's always been cool. Damned biggest mouth you've ever heatd though.

My name came from the Frank Zappa album, "Hot Rats". I put that on my work hard hat as a homage to Frank when he passed. Seems many at work took to calling me Hotrats, so it kinda stuck.

Attachments

• Hot_Rats_(Frank_Zappa_album_-_cover_art).jpg
    Hot_Rats_(Frank_Zappa_album_-_cover_art).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 6
Back