Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

My username is a wildly incorrect pronunciation of my actual name by my ignorant boss way back when I was in high school. It was a bit of a joke nickname back then and I've used it for a lot of forum handles since.

Avatar: photo of me at the track from a couple years ago

You guys sure have some interesting usernames .

How did you choose them?
I was concerned. But I've had the the companion email address, and another with goolog for so long, I think it would be clear if the notion was ever challenged.

And I am not outright going to you. You'd need to guess

If anyone enjoys a good riddle, I'll tell you how hot or cold it is.
I was concerned. But I've had the the companion email address, and another with goolog for so long, I think it would be clear if the notion was ever challenged.

And I am not outright going to you. You'd need to guess
James Bond villain cats?

Get a non-cloud based (e.g. KeePassXC) password manager and use it to generate ridiculously strong passwords that cannot be guessed using a dictionary.

Never use the same password in multiple places!
As the internet became more aggressive I quit doing that, but I still do not see the need to have a password for Home Depot and Tru Value just to go there and check prices. I would never have a charge account with a box store. The spying that companies and governments do is not slowed down by passwords. Canadian govt has admitted to spying on 33 million phones

As the internet became more aggressive I quit doing that, but I still do not see the need to have a password for Home Depot and Tru Value just to go there and check prices. I would never have a charge account with a box store. The spying that companies and governments do is not slowed down by passwords. Canadian govt has admitted to spying on 33 million phones
so it's not the govt. its the people that will use your info to open accounts, or run up charges.
If you don't understand it's the other actors, then we are wasting our time on you... good luck.
I use Keepass as well. I use unique passwords everywhere.

Back