[How do I?] Wire This Up? 220 Volts Is My Choice.

i think you are on the right track
red and black will be switched to make contact with blue

I'll look at it again in a bit when I have two devices to look at it all at one time. I can't read then scroll to it then back again.

Unhook the red & black from the motor to run them to the switch.

Sw1 x line + motor 5
Sw2 x motor red
Sw3 x black motor
Sw4 x blue
Sw5 x motor 1
Sw6 line

Sw=switch x=tie

This is harder to grasp not holding it in your hands. The above will leave a hot leg in the motor all the time but this is the only why I see it working with this switch.

After going back & reading what Ulma said I see he already said the same thing just basically moved to the other side.

He took time to draw his out also so it was easy to see.

I will have to say this has been quite the learning experience. I had taken the other motor and drum switch to work before Christmas and had asked for my companies maintenance supervisor help. He asked today if I had found success in getting this thing wired up and I sadly lowered my head in shame and said no sir. He is not my boss but I call him sir to rib him a bit. :)
He sated in his opinion the only way to get this to work is to remove the black and red wires from the motor, run them to switch and he thne pulls out this drawing... Long story short, it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so flipping thrilled.

His schematic is not the same as what either of you posted, which just proves I don't know squat about electricity.

That being said, kingmt01, why did you use terminal #5 on the motor? Just so I hope to better understand..

Thanks to all for your help..

Regards

Richard

Because that is where it is hooked now. According to the motor assuming everything is working as pictured ether red or black need to end up there.

We my have connected to different pins on the switch but I bet all 3 of use ended up with the same connections. Do you not have something going to post 5 on the motor?

If the picture is the correct factory writing which it appears it is then ether black out red should make its way back to there. I don't know why since I don't know how it is wound.

Does this motor have another switch?

I do have a light switch wired inline with the power wire going to motor terminal #1,

So here is how it is wired:

disconnected black wire from the motor, it now goes from inside the motor to drum sw term #3
disconnected red wire from the motor, it now goes from inside the motor to drum sw term #2
LINE #1 goes from breaker box, thru light switch to motor terminal #1
Motor terminal #2 to drum sw #1
Line #2 goes to drum sw terminal #5
jumper from drum sw terminal #4 to drum sw terminal #6
and from drum sw terminal #6 to motor terminal #4

To start the lathe I have to flip the switch to the on position that is located on the wall behind the lathe. I then can use the drum switch to turn the lathe on either FWD or REV.

Hope I wrote that out correctly

Back